DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

For those wondering what the results were

Spoiler

Jack Gallagher over Drew Gulak

Lince Dorado and Mustafa Ali went to a double countout

TJ Perkins beat Rich Swann in a non-title match

Gallagher/Gulak was fun. Ali/Dorado was a good showcase for both guys. Swann/TJP was good. I think more and more TJP & Kendrick just do not have great chemistry as Swann has managed to have good matches with both guys rather easily.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to see Gulak/Gallagher for a while now and this was a solid outing by both guys.  Give them some more match time and loosen the reigns and they could have a really right Battlearts type match.  Gallagher needs a better finish than that corner dropkick though.

Ali/Dorado was also pretty decent and that was the best I've seen Ali look so far.

Surprised TJP went over in the last match then realized it was non-title and just setting up some ambiguity as far as who's going to win on Sunday. Swann was really good with the leg selling.

Heel Neville is unbelievable. I love this. Graves called him The Terminator, and thats rather fitting.

Dar is becoming the Carmella of 205.... and thats pretty hilarious. 

Quite surprised that Ali is being given wins. Hopefully I'll see Gulak win one sometime.

Are they slowly metering in guys like Neville and Kalisto? I think that is the smart way to do it. Gets the unknown acts over before more established names come in. Pretty much confirmed tonight that Aries will be competing in the Cruiserweight division, thats a pretty big coup for thst division.

Edited by Wyld Samurai
Daivari... Ali...

I caught up on last week's episode as well as this one.  I like where they're going with the show and hope that people have patience for this.  The tired crowd is hard to get past, but as much as I want them to go smaller since it started they might see it as a downgrade or a failure if they do smaller crowds.  But hopefully crowds start to get into them more.  The tag match last night was awesome and I like the development with the Noam/Alicia/Cedric love triangle.  Never picture Dar as a creepy bastard, but he's pulling that off pretty well.

One thing that's interesting is the introduction of Mustafa Ali last week.  I like that he's all about destroying preconceived notions about him (as proven in the crowd shots in his intro)  He's in a tough spot where if he was a face it could fail and it wouldn't be his fault.  But if he's a heel then in the fan's eyes it proves they were right to boo him.  There's hope his talents will change that but I'm not so sure.

Am I the only one who didn't dig "slow methodical" Neville? His whole thing is that he's small, but so fast and athletic that he can keep his opponents off balance. He should blowing past these guys at lightning speed and dodging their moves to show he's the king of the cruisers. Maybe pause to gloat between sequences or use more strikes/head-droppy kind of moves to emphasize his heel status. Swann and Perkins both looked like chumps getting owned by Neville moving at 10% speed. Neville's heel model should be Jack Evans, not Randy Orton.

• Like 1

I think with Neville, he's such a solid looking mass of muscle compared to the other cruisers that playing the bruiser worked for him. The dropkick to the back of a seated Swann's head early doors looked brutal and basically put Swann out of commission for most of the match, so I don't think it affected how he would be perceived. I loved how early on Perkins and Swann realised they had to isolate Kendrick to stop him tagging the machinelike Neville, but by the end they'd started to weaken Neville enough that he was getting affected by their offence.

Rest of the show was fun. Creepy Dar is going to be a lot of fun, loved that shit-eating grin at Cedric behind Fox's back. Thought Daivari looked decent here, though I think he'd actually fit in better on the main roster outside the division, doesn't really feel like a cruiserweight. Dorado still seems terrible, I liked last week where he claimed he'd do things we'd never seen before, and the closes he's come to that is hitting a dive so badly that it ended up as a flying headbutt to Daivari's thigh.

Been partially watching 205Live and while I like heel Neville, his promo was basically "I couldn't cut it in the big leagues so I'm gonna head down here and fight these guys." Which is TOTALLY how you want to promote the Cruiserweight brand...if it's being booked by Kevin Nash.

I feel bad for the guys that the crowds aren't into these matches, though.

EDIT: love how Gulak's promos are him being a whiny bitch with every excuse in the book. Interesting juxtaposition to his bullying in-ring style.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 2:16 PM, Sky Blue Sam said:

Dorado still seems terrible, I liked last week where he claimed he'd do things we'd never seen before, and the closes he's come to that is hitting a dive so badly that it ended up as a flying headbutt to Daivari's thigh.

Dear God, that tope was awful. He came frighteningly close to killing himself. I also noticed Lince has a Chikara tat on his left shoulder, and the first thing that popped into my mind: Legit, or the trade-off for Quack (allegedly) owning all Chikara gimmicks? 

Gallagher is just tremendous. I loved him in Progress and thought he'd translate well but I wasn't sure he'd be this effective so soon.

I enjoyed the Neville and Swann match quite a bit. Neville is a monster in that division. He might have been the missing piece. However, this still needs to be filmed in Florida I think

Jack Gallagher is probably my favorite thing about WWE right now. I assume he'll be the one to take the title off Neville after he beats Rich Swann.

Not sure where things are headed with Cedric and Alicia Fox, but Cedric shouldn't be doing a losing streak this early into his WWE run. 

I like creepy bastard, masochist Noam Dar. Maybe next week, he can have his balls stepped on by a woman in heels. Just keep amping up the pain each week.

Nice to see Tony Nese pick up a win. 

Of course, I'm looking foward to Tajiri being back.