DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN IS AWESOME!!!! (11/15/16)

RIPPA

Producer - "Yeah Nattie, it'll be ok. You'll be the motivational coach for the women's team. Whistle and everything!"

Nattie - "Umm. Ok. Who does the men's team get?"

Producer - "The Undertaker."

Nattie - "Ok...but I'm not sharing a whistle."

• Like 2

Miz/Ziggler was great again. I'm so damn happy Miz won again though I wasn't really expecting it. Miz vs. Sami should be good. Hopefully Sami moves to SDL so they can feud for a bit. Miz and Maryse's gloating on Talking Smack was awesome.

Nikki/Carmella was a pretty decent match before the women's teams started brawling. I'm looking forward to seeing how SS plays out. I hope it gets crazy like tonight though I expect that more from the tag teams SS match.

The 8-team tag was fun while it lasted.

Taker's return was nice, and I liked his extra motivation. I'm curious how long this return will last. Perhaps this is his final run before retiring at next year's WM.

They've given themselves an easy route to Cena/Undertaker if they want to go that way--

1. SDL Mens' team loses at Survivor Series

2. Undertaker eventually blames Styles

3. Styles vs Taker at Royal Rumble. Taker with one last championship run.

4. Cena wins Rumble. Cena retires Taker at WM 33 and wins #16 in one swoop.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

They've given themselves an easy route to Cena/Undertaker if they want to go that way--

That is a sound, logical plan.

So that can't be what they're doing.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, zev said:

If Cena wins, no one will ever have Limp Bizkit for theme music again. Pure babyface right there, doing it for the fans.

I thought Taker atoned for that crime against wrestling fans when he had Johnny Cash for theme music for a brief spell during the Triple H "End of an Era" feud

35 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Man, I dig The Smackdown women. Nice to see them standing tall at the end. Not sure of their chances with Nia on Team Raw but I hope they win lol Good stuff from Nikki and Carmela before the big brawl too 

The rampaging monster eliminated by a count out or DQ is a trope they've used before, but the fact that Nia was on the losing end of a match where Sasha and Charlotte were fighting each other doesn't bode well if they will decide to keep her strong or not.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Miz/Ziggler was great again. I'm so damn happy Miz won again though I wasn't really expecting it. Miz vs. Sami should be good. Hopefully Sami moves to SDL so they can feud for a bit. Miz and Maryse's gloating on Talking Smack was awesome.

The most devious story to tell would be for Zayn to win the IC strap--only for Stephanie to treat him the same way Bryan treats Miz and refuse to trade him simply because he holds a belt. Bryan watches the IC title go to someone he respects but has to see Raw enjoy the benefits of Zayn's work while treating him like a "B+ player."

I thought Carmella looked incredible tonight.  Her offence looked nice and hurt-y (Especially the neckbreaker outside the ring) and the You-Can't-See-Me in the middle got a huge crowd reaction.  I hated them having this hard-hitting nasty hateful match, then dropping it to team up on the Raw women like nothing, though.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The most devious story to tell would be for Zayn to win the IC strap--only for Stephanie to treat him the same way Bryan treats Miz and refuse to trade him simply because he holds a belt. Bryan watches the IC title go to someone he respects but has to see Raw enjoy the benefits of Zayn's work while treating him like a "B+ player."

That would kind of suck. Steph is a worse foil than the Miz. Sami would still be on Raw where the writing is usually inferior.

Another great Ziggler/Miz match. Shocked that Miz won though, definitely did not expect that. Thought Dolph would get a much longer run. Match-wise I was more interested in Dolph defending at SS but I really hope Miz doesn't just lose it there. Dolph now not being on the card at all sucks though, especially with commentary tonight praising his survivor series performances.

Really enjoyed Nikki/Carmella again as well, love that feud. The Raw women all came off like heels taking cheap shots on Nikki so in the moment I dug the SDL women coming together there, crowd was pretty hot for it.

When Undertaker came out, I thought he was going to end up taking Shane's spot on the team. Hyped for a potential full time return, taking souls and digging holes!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Comedian said:

So Undertaker just taped his hands up slowly at the whole Smackdown men's team...what more motivation do you need than that?

This.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Taker beating up the smackdown guys could be fun for a month or two.

I'd like that. I associate Undertaker to Smackdown more than RAW for the time he spent on Smackdown under the brand extesion. We would get a Phenom Undertaker mixed with a little of Big Evil 'Taker protecting his yard.

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I can't wait for The Miz vs Matt Hardy in the March Madness final. It could rival Cesaro vs Bryan for the best ever!

This would be a great final. Don't discount AJ Styles.

6 hours ago, steve said:

TAKIN' SOULS AND DIGGIN' HOLES

I hope that shirt isn't ridiculously gaudy, I'd like to purchase one. 

Likewise.

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I like this. I've wanted The Undertaker vs. John Cena at a WrestleMania for years before and after the end of the Streak.

11 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Their dad told them to Make A Difference.

The Usos need to embrace their gangsta savagery roots and refuse to wear any sort of footwear to the ring.

They need a new theme song performed by either by Bobby McFerrin, John Carpenter, or the BOO-Yaa Tribe.

Oh, and Fuck You, Dolph Ziggler!  The mother fucking Miz is the best heel in the fed not named Alexa Bliss. 

I would love Dolph like a brother if I didn't have the image of him wearing denim jackets emblazoned with the names of hair metal bands permanently etched into to my mind's eye.

Zayn / Miz looks great on paper but we'll see what happens in real kayfabery.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

They need a new theme song performed by either by Bobby McFerrin, John Carpenter, or the BOO-Yaa Tribe.

Usos coming out to one of the SST's old themes would probably just motivate me to turn off Smackdown and watch some old Samoan Swat Team matches instead (and not on the network).  Probably not the reaction Vince is going for.

The final Raw and Smackdown before Survivor Series have made me a lot less excited than I had been. The forced brand loyalty is definitely one reason.

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the Undertaker returning? Each time I care less and less. I can watch the network for my nostalgia fix. Outside of being The Undertaker and the nostalgia that comes with it, why do I want to see a shell of the performer that once was? Would I have wanted to see Elvis in 1977? Probably not. I also hate how the F/T roster looks weak compared to the part timers. If they spent as much energy building and protecting the F/T guys, not giving half hearted start-stop pushes, 50/50 booking; there wouldn't be this need to trot out Goldberg, Lesnar, Undertaker, etc.

Maybe I'm just cranky. I don't know.

• Like 2