DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN IS AWESOME!!!! (11/15/16)

RIPPA

28 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Usos coming out to one of the SST's old themes would probably just motivate me to turn off Smackdown and watch some old Samoan Swat Team matches instead (and not on the network).  Probably not the reaction Vince is going for.

To be fair, the Usos are wrestling like heels as well as talking like heels now.  I give them a pass for now.

Ya know, when this site first turned on Dolph I defended him for a while as being more a victim of WWE style and booking, but I've been kinda sick of him for over a year now. Maybe it was the denim jacket with the hair band patches, I mean the guy is doing retro-80's stuff in 2015 and he's in his mid-30's. Cobain was dead before he got to high school. Nick Nemeth was blasting Disturbed in his Kent State dorm, not Skid Row...

But anyway, the irony about him is that I think he's where Miz was a couple years ago. He's just too douchy for me to buy him as a face. Maybe that's why they keep pulling back on his pushes even when he gets a pop. In that vein, I think they have an opportunity for him at Survivor Series. You have him show for the Miz/Sami IC match, and of course everyone assumes he's there to get back at Miz. Eventually, ref bump, Dolph has his opening, and...he superkicks Sami and leaves.Miz is stunned but takes the win. Next SDL, Ziggler cuts a promo explaining his actions. He's sick of setting the table so other guys can eat. He didn't work so hard these past months just to have another bone tossed to him while another up-and-comer gets the big reward. In fact, he's starting to think Miz may have a point, and he'll be damned if he's gonna step aside to make way for one of Daniel Bryan's indie buddies. Meanwhile, Steph releases Sami for losing, Bryan signs him, Sami's on SDL and has an immediate feud with Dolph. And yeah, Dolphs moveset still sucks but at least they're not asking you to cheer any more.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I was gonna say that the camera work did no one any favors - and it was just on that spot

And Heel Bayley really needs to work on her beatdown

Heel Bayley is a situation I don't want to exist.  It was mind-numbingly stupid seeing her in that beatdown, and something they should have thought about better.  If you had to at least have everybody else come out so she could have battled Alexa.

But there's a large disconnect when I see her in the beatdown or Bray in a SD shirt.  There's no reason for most of them to be on these teams other than because they're on team Raw or SD.  At least Dean said that after the show he's back to beating up AJ.  But I'd be happy if he said there's an agreement to team up on the condition he gets the title shot.  As it is it sounds like he gets the shot whether he teams up or not, which makes me think "Why bother?"

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Usos need to embrace their gangsta savagery roots and refuse to wear any sort of footwear to the ring.

They need a new theme song performed by either by Bobby McFerrin, John Carpenter, or the BOO-Yaa Tribe.

Can we somehow get all of them to perform the song together? I don't know how it would work, but I do know it would work, and every other wrestler would then feel their current theme is inferior.

• Like 3

So did Taker just decide to show up to Smackdown and announce his one match a year would be for that brand?  I don't recall him being drafted and if he was it would be stupid to not put him in as a ringer for the Smackdown SS team.  Furthermore, he's threatening to take the members of the team to the woodshed if they lose, yet he's not offering (or you'd think someone like him would simply demand it) to take Shane's spot on the team? 

• Like 1

I would love Dolph like a brother if I didn't have the image of him wearing denim jackets emblazoned with the names of hair metal bands permanently etched into to my mind's eye.

It was worse. He went onto Etsy (or through the WWE Merch division) and had a jacket with fake patches misspelling band names (Megadeath) and said bands were a mix of actual metal and hair bands. Which is some straight up poseur shit that he should have been stripped of and set on fire. Especially since 

Nick Nemeth was blasting Disturbed in his Kent State dorm, not Skid Row...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I was gonna say that the camera work did no one any favors - and it was just on that spot

And Heel Bayley really needs to work on her beatdown

Bayley's stomps looked like she was in the middle of a hoedown for a square-dancing contest.  Zero heel effort whatsoever.  She did it because she asked to tag along and the others told her she had to take part or get left at home.  Peer pressure is real.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eivion said:

That would kind of suck. Steph is a worse foil than the Miz. Sami would still be on Raw where the writing is usually inferior.

Yeah, but what would be the logical reason for Steph to allow Zayn to go over to SDL after winning the IC title?  Her not liking him isn't enough. That's self-defeating, and it's already been established that Sami is supposed to bring that belt to RAW with a victory.

Sami is going to be on RAW for the time being.  He should have gone to SDL, but that ship has sailed for now.