DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN IS JAMES ELLSWORTH IS THE NEW LINEAR CHAMP!!!

RIPPA

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Good for Ellsworth. Get that fuck money!

On Facebook someone shared a post from him. He's still glossy 8 by 10's from the Braun match where he's in the corner and he has that look of fear. The man knows how to market himself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Alicia Fox & Nattie vs. The Ascension on the pre-show. You're welcome.

I thought Mattel and a couple other companies said intergender matches were a no-no.

The preshow should be Cruiserweights and NXT 5 on 5s anyway.

9 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

On Facebook someone shared a post from him. He's still glossy 8 by 10's from the Braun match where he's in the corner and he has that look of fear. The man knows how to market himself.

He's genetically gifted and you have to exploit that if you have it.

59 minutes ago, Omega said:

James Ellsworth is going to ask for an extra $500 dollars on his Indy bookings

So in other words, beating AJ Styles is only 2 grand more than beating Braun Strowman 

Based on some of the indies that James worked on, he could probably get the entire company for $5000

4 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

What a meteoric rise, from a <2 minute loss to Biff Still-life, to pinning the WWE World Champion in just his second match in the company.

We should have known he was in for the big push when Jericho started cozying up to him.

A lesser than usual show but still had some good bits. Love the Carmella/Nikki feud continuing and Survivor Series having three 5 on 5's is great. I like that the Spirit Squad appear to be sticking around for a little while, good for them. I forgot all about Hawkins until WWE posted about it hours later.

Ellsworth still wearing his wrist tape, after having showered and changed into a dress shirt for Talking Smack was pretty ridiculous, in a humorous way. 

Also, what was the deal with the split screen commercial break? I enjoyed it and it was very unique, but it was also very strange for a wrestling show. 

I think I loved everything about this show with the exception of the final 15-20 minutes. I just can't get into this Orton/Bray stuff anymore.

That said, great show.  The entire Ellsworth thing was hilarious.  AJ Styles promo leading up to it was awesome. Ambrose emptying out his pockets complete with a flask was great. Loved the whole thing.

Miz and Maryse dressed in funeral attire.

The Usos cheating Gable.  Love that their feud is continuing.  Loved that Rhyno/Slater had no reason to help Dolph other than they are GOOD GUYS.

The women's division is great.  Alexa is still getting her title match but she was caught off guard by Naomi who also won again tonight.  Carmella lost at the PPV but beat up Nikki again tonight. Everyone has a feud and a character and a direction except maybe Natalya. 

Good stuff.   Smackdown! continues to be a great, great show.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck the rest of the show

Some please teach Ellsworth how to take a  Styles Clash please

Seriously this please. 

I was loving every bit of the whole AJ/Ambrose/Ellsworth thing right until the moment he tried to tuck his chin and then I had a damn heart attack. 

Thankfully, James Ellsworth has no chin to speak of. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

So, JBL lost a point for making a pun at the wrong Danny Davis, but he gained that point back with the mention of BRONKO LUBICH.

I say we take that point and give it to Mauro for mentioning that "The Little Kicks" episode of Seinfeld premiered on this date 20 years ago.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

So, JBL lost a point for making a pun at the wrong Danny Davis, but he gained that point back with the mention of BRONKO LUBICH.

He must have been listening to Austins podcast.

Next week:  Skandar Akbar gets a mention

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Also, what was the deal with the split screen commercial break? I enjoyed it and it was very unique, but it was also very strange for a wrestling show. 

I don't know if this is a new trend for sporting events or what, but NBC was doing the same thing for the Ryder Cup during commercial breaks.

Remember they did the split screen one time on the first show after the Brand Split and we were all like "THIS IS THE NEW TWEAKS THE WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!"

Only time it is an issue is I would have loved to have heard the pop on the Ellsworth arm drag spot

OK I just went looking for Ellsworth matches on YouTube and found one vs. Ruckus where they did a spot with Ruckus repeatedly trying to apply a chinlock to Ellsworth and his hands slipping off every time...WWE needs to steal that idea pronto...

Also it was probably the best Ruckus match I've ever seen...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

OK I just went looking for Ellsworth matches on YouTube and found one vs. Ruckus where they did a spot with Ruckus repeatedly trying to apply a chinlock to Ellsworth and his hands slipping off every time...WWE needs to steal that idea pronto...

Also it was probably the best Ruckus match I've ever seen...

Him trying the chin breaker first was better