DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell VIII

Dolfan in NYC

Eh, that's just asking for trouble.  The women will win any vote but if they don't go with Sasha/Charlotte, they'll get massacred.

It's all on Foley.  He blabs on social media WOMEN WILL MAIN EVENT! Then he comes back with women will be A main event.  WWE rarely announces what match will main event a PPV, even if we know what it will be.  And as if Stephanie wouldn't have been the one to do if it happened--revolution! or some jazz.

This is a good time to put the women on last, but the Universal title really needs more push behind and at least on paper, Reigns vs Rusev will be the most brutal and best in terms of overall quality.  Can't imagine they'd put the US title match on last.  But they announced that as the first HIAC match, so they have to show it respect.

It's a mess.  There's no way it goes down without some messiness.  Unless they stack three Cells and let them go on at the same time.  That wouldn't be bad at all.

• Like 1

I'm still thinking Sasha's match will go on last. Her win and the crowd response, possibly with half the locker room coming out to congratulate her, will be an attempt at having a new "Bryan wins at the Superdome" moment.

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It's a mess.  There's no way it goes down without some messiness.  Unless they stack three Cells and let them go on at the same time.  That wouldn't be bad at all.

photo-2.png

Whoever gets the top cell is going to have some limitations.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't see how "triple main event" translates into Sasha/Charlotte being the actual main event.

It won't.  Rusev vs. Reigns will be the go home match, but I would not be surprised if Owens / Rollins came up before Sasha and Charlotte.

Who did Bayley anger to have to carry Dana Brooke again in a singles match?  I suppose the saving grace is that Bayley will go over since Dana already got a clean pin on free television.

As Meltzer pointed out on the radio show this weekend - besides them ruining the historic nature of headlining a PPV with women if they do it with literally no build (or max a week) you have the issue of, putting the match on last if you are going to have Charlotte win (and apparently Charlotte hasn't lost on a PPV yet)

Because putting it on last and having Charlotte win in Sasha's hometown is... well... actually it is typical WWE

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As Meltzer pointed out on the radio show this weekend - besides them ruining the historic nature of headlining a PPV with women if they do it with literally no build (or max a week) you have the issue of, putting the match on last if you are going to have Charlotte win (and apparently Charlotte hasn't lost on a PPV yet)

Because putting it on last and having Charlotte win in Sasha's hometown is... well... actually it is typical WWE

With Bayley turning on her, naturally.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yep, WWE does not follow tradition when it comes to working in your home town or retirement matches.

I was shocked when the book jobbed the Hardyz out to E&C in Charlotte, NC back in the day.

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

With Bayley turning on her, naturally.

Bayley cannot turn heel yet since she is an honorary member of The New Day, even lthough I am intrigued as to what Bayley with a mean streak would look like.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bayley cannot turn heel yet since she is an honorary member of The New Day, even lthough I am intrigued as to what Bayley with a mean streak would look like.

This is how it starts.

hug04.gif

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bad News Bayley calling people beer-belly sharecroppers, accusing Sasha and Charlotte of providing sexual favors for Mick Foley, and ghetto-blastin' fools would be amazing. 

The rest would be oddly interesting in a TV-14 environment, but no way should this ever be a thing.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2016 at 3:57 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just looking back on the list, the last time the feud/match "needed" the cell...  I'm gonna say Taker-HHH at Mania 28.  Before that, Orton-Cena in '09?  Batista-HHH in '05? 

Lord, there are some awful Cell matches there. 

Cena and Punk were more than ready for the Cell in 2012. Cena getting hurt at the wrong time sadly put that one to bed. That was the build with Foley's "Do you want to be a statistic or do you want to be a LEGEND?!" promo. 

• Like 1

Bayley is new and cute and over as a babyface. Sasha turning into Bad News Banks makes much more sense.

Bayley tries to help but messes up, and (after Sasha wins anyway) the Mega Powers explode and Bayley goes thru a barbershop window. Meanwhile Dana turns on Miss Flair and that's your two singles women's programs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Did you see the heat Bayley put on throwing Dana into that locker a couple of weeks ago?  Yeah, Dana started it.  But Bayley wasn't playing around.  Lil' Hugger can be mean if the situation deems so, based on that.

• Like 2

The finishing run to the Sasha/Bayley Ironman showed me that Bayley would be an awesome heel. That was just a vicious "heel winning an I quit match" finishing run with the roles reversed. Obviously she still has a ton of mileage left as a face, but I hope she gets to work heel at some point in her prime.

I'm more interested in that match than most of the main card, would be more interested if it was Metalik instead of Sin Cara, but if they had spent time "building" to the match like they have to everything else for this show my interest would almost certainly be lower.

How have they taken so many wrestlers I enjoy watching and make me just not care about their matches it's mind boggling, just nothing they have done has made me care for the matches. I care about Jericho and.......I want Rusev to crush Roman Reignshole and thats about it. And I want Sasha and Charlotte not to do anything stupid and (literally) die.

Papa Hunter's love is the richest prize in all the WWE Universe.  So the Universal Championship match should close the show.

On the other hand they've got that piano version of Sasha Banks' theme ready to go for Raw in case she splits her wig.

I have hope for Braun/Sami after watching last weeks Total Bellas.

They were showing Daniel Bryan going to the performance center and basically training Sami in spots that he wanted to use in a match against Brock.  While it made me horribly depressed that that match never happened - it gives me hope that Sami will steal some of those ideas. 

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

If Sasha v Charlotte goes last I think it's odds on that Sasha dies for our sins in some crazy spot.

That's probably gonna happen no matter where the match is on the card.

Since they haven't made a big deal about it, I'd say it's not as likely to go last, but they should if they know what's good for the show. As long as the match isn't a total botchfest, there's a pretty good chance of the Boston crowd shitting on whatever goes on afterwards. Although if there's one thing Vince has clearly been out of touch with the last few years, it's managing crowd reactions.