DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell VIII

Dolfan in NYC

JNhU5Tt.gif

You get a Hell in a Cell!  And YOU get a Hell in a Cell!  EVERYONE GETS HELL IN A CELL!

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Universal Championship:  Kevin Owens (c) vs Seth Rollins

Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte

Hell in a Cell match for the United States Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs Rusev

Hell in a Cell match for the Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) vs The Swiss Misses

Hell in a Cell match for the Cruiserweight Championship: TJ Perkins (c) vs The Brian Kendrick

• Like 7

Well, you'll be happy to know, Chris, according to today's Smackdown...

Spoiler

There will be at least 3 traditional Survivor Series matches.  All Raw vs SDL:  Men, Women, and Tag Teams.

Was 2009 good? Were any of them good? I honestly cannot remember who was in them. 

The women definitely have some reasons to be in the cell but I wasn't crazy about Mick/Steph confirming it because it's a first or revolutionary.  They have reasons. Just use that.

Rusev and Reigns is also fine.

Rollins and Owens in the cell is a real stretch..  That needed to be a singles.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, MapRef41N93W said:

Imagine how significant the first ever hell in a cell match between two women could be if it weren't part of an event where hell in a cell matches happen just because it's October.

Eh, it's still pretty significant. Even if you look at just the HIAC ppvs from 2009-2015, it would be inconceivable to think any women's match on those shows would be booked as cell-worthy, no matter how shitty and forced the men's ones were.

Sasha/Charlotte should've been the only cell match. At least they've been feuding all year. Roman/Rusev and especially Owens/Rollins are the real wastes of the cell. I mean the US title set up was Lana saying "go to hell" and the Universal title was a literal last-minute add-on.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2016 at 11:55 PM, GodzillaPerez said:

They've done 3 Cell matches in one night before in 2009.

I mean, it was a bad idea then but I don't know why anyone is surprised they're doing it again.

Oh, I thought you meant the Elimination Chamber matches because those were awesome.

At least with Reigns/Rusev, they tend to go after each other with chairs and blowtorches when they meet up.  And it could be seen as strategy on Reigns' part.  As if to say "Rusev insists that I whoop his ass again.  Fine.  But this time, I'm really going to make him pay.  I know what it's like to be inside the cell.  He doesn't."

Sasha/Charlotte being in the cell doesn't bother me, but I wish they had built the feud to feel a bit more personal.  This was likely hurt by Sasha dropping the belt at SummerSlam when they thought she would be out with her back for a while.  It feels like they're getting the match just because.

But Sasha/Charlotte and Reigns/Rusev all have feuded for a while and the rivalries have been built for a time.  Owens/Rollins can be done in the parking lot during the pre-show for as much push as it's received.  The potential of Owens/Jericho has been better advanced. They're trying to keep the Universal title elevated, but everyone knows that we're biding time until HHH returns to really set things into motion for him vs Rollins.

• Like 1

Felt the same way about the Hell in a Cell PPV since it was introduced in 2009. Before this, HIAC was used once or twice a year when it was needed for the most part in the gimmick match's history. There's a few HIAC matches you can say that about from the start of the PPV on: The Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXVIII and Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker at last year's event. I do like Sasha Banks and Charlotte making history in the first women's HIAC match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

They should do all of the Cell matches at the same time. Like one of those old ECW clusterfucks, where everything had some stipulation pinned to it. 

While everyone is just sort of standing around, Natural Born Killaz hits over the sound system and New Jack comes out with a shopping cart full of weapons.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While everyone is just sort of standing around, Natural Born Killaz hits over the sound system and New Jack comes out with a shopping cart full of weapons.

I bet they'd love that over on Wrestling Classics. #AndHereComesNewJack!

• Like 2

Eh, this might be a spoiler for Sasha/Charlotte, so:

Spoiler

There's a report that Charlotte asked to do a moonsault spot from off the top of the Cell.  

Vince immediately said no. 

I don't want to ruin your childhood memories, so read at your own risk

Spoiler

They had to contrive a beef between Vince and Foley just so Vince had an excuse back up a truck full of mulch only partially covering an obvious mattress next to the cell, then Rikishi did a trust fall into the mulch, exposing the mattress even more ... So no, that's probably the worst actually.