DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell VIII

Dolfan in NYC

On 10/31/2016 at 6:56 PM, odessasteps said:

Some lucha show made a poster saying it was Dorada's last show, but can you take that as truth? doubt it.

Dorada hasn't confirmed that indie show as being his final appearance before heading to WWE full time, but his last CMLL match is on the 11th in the semi-main event: Atlantis, Diamante Azul & Mascara Dodada vs Negro Casas, Cavernario & Felino.

One thing I don't get about the way they've booked Sasha/Charlotte is that normally WWE loves strong babyface champs with heel challengers bouncing off them month to month. They have a babyface who's getting good reactions and a decent array of heel challengers between Charlotte, Nia, and the returning Emma so the insistence on going against the grain is weird. There's no reason Sasha couldn't have a nice multi-month run and set up a big match with Bayley or Asuka at Mania. Instead they're forcing a streak with Charlotte that no one cares about. She's good, but they're getting seriously diminished returns with each passing title win from her, if it's not already actively detrimental. The reaction to her losing a title match on ppv (or however they have to phrase it to get around her dropping a tag fall at Battleground) is going to be more "fucking finally" than "holy shit what a special moment."

They're very much into streaks, accomplishments and legacy building lately. They want to give those accolades to Charlotte because I think they view her more as the long term centerpiece of the division. I think Sasha goes over at Mania if they don't introduce the new belt and rebrand the division. I think Sasha goes over at Hell in a Cell if it's not the main event and there's not a documentary crew there.

There was also a lot of talk about Ronda and WWE too recently. Maybe Ronda is gonna do Mania?

I'm thinking Ronda will do Mania but not until 2018. She's got the Nunez fight coming up, maybe will face Holm again to "get her win back" and then 1 more fight till she calls it quits. That takes her through 2017 easy.

Meanwhile, her pal Shayna Baszler is more focused on wrestling than MMA these days, and a year more of "indie cred building" matches before getting a developmental deal and/or NXT contract seems in order.

I'm thinking Ronda faces Stephanie Mcmahon in 2018, for its already been shown that it takes a UFC champ to stop the Steph Slap Of Doom. Ronda has Shayna in her corner in the fight to counter HHH, and Shayna gets the NXT deal after proving she's tough enough to trip up Trips before any sledgehammer shenanigans happen.