DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell VIII

Dolfan in NYC

I kinda wish they would bring back the old hell in the cell. At least the height of it. The new cell is so damn big. If they used the new cell cage but with the old cell's height it would be perfect. Charlotte/Sasha seems like it could be the Thunderdome version of Flair vs. Vader. A good match but no real reason why it's in a cage. They could have easily gone the I quit match route with the two.

Roman vs. Rusev in the cage could be interesting but yadda yadda Roman overcoming the odds.

I actually think Owens vs. Rollins could be good. I mean Owens has shown he'll almost "kill" a guy in a regular match. There's no referee stoppage in the cell. He could keep powerbombing Seth Rollins into the mat over and over and over. It would really put him over as a vicious heel. It would be a good a time as any to maybe dig up something with Triple H since you know there's that story too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh, this might be a spoiler for Sasha/Charlotte, so:

Hide contents

There's a report that Charlotte asked to do a moonsault spot from off the top of the Cell.  

Vince immediately said no. 

Jesus.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

If that is true I am happy. My biggest fear is one of them might try that shit.

This.

7 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I kinda wish they would bring back the old hell in the cell. At least the height of it. The new cell is so damn big. If they used the new cell cage but with the old cell's height it would be perfect. Charlotte/Sasha seems like it could be the Thunderdome version of Flair vs. Vader. A good match but no real reason why it's in a cage. They could have easily gone the I quit match route with the two.

Roman vs. Rusev in the cage could be interesting but yadda yadda Roman overcoming the odds.

I actually think Owens vs. Rollins could be good. I mean Owens has shown he'll almost "kill" a guy in a regular match. There's no referee stoppage in the cell. He could keep powerbombing Seth Rollins into the mat over and over and over. It would really put him over as a vicious heel. It would be a good a time as any to maybe dig up something with Triple H since you know there's that story too.

Always prefered the original Hell in a Cell to the current one debuting at Unforgiven 2006.

My concern for Owens/Rollins is that KO has shown he's willing to take some serious bumps in big matches and Rollins is gonna do Rollins stuff. I'm not saying he's sloppy or unsafe, but some of his spots have a higher chance of going wrong than most and his track record this year is not great. The last thing I want to see is Seth try a running powerbomb into the cell or something dumb like that.

Given that they just let them close Raw; put them on the poster; avoided the dreaded a main event term; women's matches have been a main event before, so it wouldn't be worth announcing in that case; the show is in Boston; it's a "first ever" gimmick match; the Universal title feud is a heatless placeholder; there have been rumors to this effect for weeks; I think it's safe to say Sasha/Charlotte is going on last. 

Well if they go on last after two other HIAC matches that just makes it more likely they'll try something stupid. Why couldn't they just have this be the only HIAC match on the card? It would feel much more special that way.

Because 3 is "better" than one in their eyes, I guess someone at home is thinking holy shit! 3 matches! But I see very little chance they will all deliver.

I don't know how Sasha and Charlotte work this, it's not really a blood feud, I don't sense that the tension has boiled over and they need to settle this once and for all. They've been put in a very almost impossible position. They can have a great match but it's a cell so the dummies at home are expecting Foley type bumps and shit. I don't need to see them try to be Foley. I think this match will be shit on and it's not their fault.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Because 3 is "better" than one in their eyes, I guess someone at home is thinking holy shit! 3 matches! But I see very little chance they will all deliver.

I don't know how Sasha and Charlotte work this, it's not really a blood feud, I don't sense that the tension has boiled over and they need to settle this once and for all. They've been put in a very almost impossible position. They can have a great match but it's a cell so the dummies at home are expecting Foley type bumps and shit. I don't need to see them try to be Foley. I think this match will be shit on and it's not their fault.

Just build the match around Charlotte attacking Sasha's back. You can use the cage as a weapon in that way. Maybe a chair. I don't think the fans expect Foley bumps anymore.

I'd be more worried about what Owens and Rollins are going to do and their health and safety. They'll be the ones to try something stupid because they're upset that they're in the middle of the show.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and Foley just said that match order has not been set yet

Again - sometimes I know what I am talking about 

Deliberate correction to get people to tweet to WWE how much they want the ladies as the main event.

Sort of like the WM 8 Double Main Event? Where Savage/Flair was the title match but we all knew Sid/Hogan going on last was the actual main event. Or how the World Heavyweight Title used to co-main event by curtain jerking during the tail end of the first brand split.