DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I would have thought hearing yourself say the words "I could be flayed alive just for talking to you" would be enough to make you follow that up with "You know what, fuck the Boltons."

But I really love that the lesson The Hound learned tonight was that the Gods still need him to kill fuckers.  Just maybe the right fuckers this time.

Oh, and cunts, too.  CUNTBOWL!!!!!

• Like 1

Plenty of great stuff still not mentioned including Yara and Theon's trip to the brothel.

i love they gave the Hound the origin of a 70s pulp movie.

get out of town dame diana while you can.

i also for a second thought High Sparrow was going to force himself on Margery. 

• Like 1

I was going to say last week that I miss the Hound, but I forgot to do so. So I am happy this is going to lead to more Clegane brutality.

48 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Hound being back was cool and all, but Bronn is the coolest and I missed him way more.

Speak for yourself. I love Bronn as much as the next man, but only one of the two was involved in this exchange:

"He killed Lommy."

"...What the fuck is a Lommy?!"

Lady Mormont was hilarious.  Ser Davos could sell water to a whale.

Awesome to have Hound and Bronn back in the mix. 

Blackfish couldn't have given a single fuck about Edmure haha still laughing at that. 

House Glover ethered Sansa. It was great to see all these other house get some screen time.  I thought every scene this week was a hit. Great episode.

Oh shit, Queen Margery too.  I knew she was scheming. I hope it works, fuck all sparrows up their dirty arses

• Like 1

Loved this episode. Its great to finally have the Hound back and to see Bronn again. Also loved salesman Davos. Honestly there really wasn't a scene I didn't like this week sans maybe the Arya stabbing. I didn't even hate that, it just felt weird that Arya wouldn't have guessed at least one of these people would be gunning for her.

Why is it that in the show, whenever anyone writes a letter, they always sign in, leave it flat and then stick a seal at the bottom of the page? That's not how it's done - especially if you're then intending to have it couriered by bird. It'd be flapping about it the air, probably tear in half before it got anywhere. God forbid if it rained. No, roll the letter up, fold it tightly, pour the wax on where the edge of the page meets the fold and then press your seal into it. That way whoever receives it knows who it came from (and that nobody else has read it since it was sealed). You'd think someone working on the show would have asked why seals were called seals. If it might be because they're used to seal things, for example.

• Like 5

Bronn is wonderful and it is good to have him back in the mix as well.  Him getting flustered and storming off when Jamie invokes the Lannister motto is one of those subtle touches that makes the show so great.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Why is it that in the show, whenever anyone writes a letter, they always sign in, leave it flat and then stick a seal at the bottom of the page? That's not how it's done - especially if you're then intending to have it couriered by bird. It'd be flapping about it the air, probably tear in half before it got anywhere. God forbid if it rained. No, roll the letter up, fold it tightly, pour the wax on where the edge of the page meets the fold and then press your seal into it. That way whoever receives it knows who it came from (and that nobody else has read it since it was sealed). You'd think someone working on the show would have asked why seals were called seals. If it might be because they're used to seal things, for example.

FWIW, Tywin sealed letters like how you described. I think everyone else is just dumb and he was the only one smart enough to know. It's a lost art now.

So Jon and Sandor came back from the dead, now I just need to wait around until Silvio Forel and The One True King Stannis Baratheon come back.  

Oh, and Lady Stoneheart of course, because let's get super-goofy with death and resurrection.  Good news everyone, your favorites are coming back, and not even in pog form!

Must be nice to have HBO's rolodex at your disposal.

"Yeah, so we've got this extremely minor character who's only in one episode, but he has a whole season's worth of monologues.  We're talking a LOT of monologues here.  Who do you have who can pull that off?"

*thumbs through the rolodex*

"Clarke Peters?"

"The character is Westerosi."

"I have no idea what that means, but I take it to mean white."  *rolls back a few cards*   "Ian McShane?"

"That'll do."

• Like 8

Real Theon would have gone whoring after that talk with Yara, cock or not.

I love it when they actually give Jamie bad ass moments like when the draw bridge came down.  

Fantastic episode. So much awesome stuff. One thing I loved that I haven't seen many comment on is that this is, what, the 7th episode in a row where Jamie and Cersei were outsmarted? Just every single episode this season they're looked like dopes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fantastic episode. So much awesome stuff. One thing I loved that I haven't seen many comment on is that this is, what, the 7th episode in a row where Jamie and Cersei were outsmarted? Just every single episode this season they're looked like dopes.

I'll bet those twin morons are the worst at sealing letters.

• Like 1