DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Dany is the least qualified to rule easily. At this point her whole justification for conquering Westeros is her own sense of destiny despite any real competence of a leader. .

Bah.  As far as the television series goes, Dany is wise enough to know that awe only goes so far, but there it a lot of awe in her corner in the form of two fucking dragons. 

Most of her battles have been won before they started thanks to the dragons and her reputation.  She's never faced that much adversity thanks to her title and the threat of fire raining down from the sky and that is what has prevented her from maturing as a ruler.

Varys and Tyrion will prove to be excellent advisors, provided that Dany actually listens to their advice.

34 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Three Dragons.  Visceron and Rhaegon are being pissy below Mereen, and she's currently riding Drogon.

I always forget Drogon... 

Anyway, she has the fantasy equivalent of pet repeat use atomic bombs at her disposal.   If might makes right, then the reasons why she should rule are right there.  How can she not believe her own press with so much prophesy fulfillment going on in her life?

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

Mind you, that's if Euron Greyjoy doesn't end up on the throne since he might be the most bugfuck insane of them all!

James

Wait for Dany to manifest the family trait... Remember, her father and both brothers were goofier than soup sandwiches. I think the deal with the Targaryeans is that the insanity coincides with maturity, so Dany's getting dangerously close to "burn them all" territory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, L_W_P said:

The wife and I had this exact conversation after the ep finished. What exactly is the plan once they have killed the Lannisters, Tyrells, Baratheons and Sparrows and Dany is the Queen? Send the Dothraki home? Let them rape and pillage all of Westeros? The very country Dany supposedly loves so much that she wants to rule it. She has been a terrible leader in Mereen, why would things be different in King's Landing? The only culture she seems to truly understand is the Dothraki.

She failed the political games in Qarth. Destroyed a centuries old class system in Astapor and Yunkai (with nothing to replace it) and pissed of literally EVERYONE in Mereen when she closed the fighting pits. She is a terrible leader for anyone other than the Dothraki.

So why the hell should we want her ruling in King's Landing?

Give me Dany as the dragon riding Dothraki queen while Sansa and Tyrion are re-united and crowed as king and queen of the 7 kingdoms. They are the two most abused characters in the show and should absolutely get all of the rewards at the end. Brienne can prove everyone wrong by becoming the first female Knight Commander of the Kingsguard, Varys is named Hand of the King, Bran is north of the wall as the 3 Eyed Raven, Jon rules Winterfell, Sam becomes a maester on the small council and Arya is the last tragic, sad death of the series.

Dany's incredibly shortsighted. Her defining characteristic is her sense of entitlement. She deserves everything and she's going to take it no matter the consequences. Tyrion is compromising in her absence, which makes a whole lot more sense than forcing everyone to give up the long tradition of slavery on the spot and be happy about it. Of course it should end, but it's not as easy as flipping a switch. I'm sure she'll be pissed once she finds out.

All she's done in her quest to bring peace and order is create chaos. It'll be just the same if she brings the Dothraki to Westeros. Does she expect to change their lifestyles overnight the way she expected to change it for the slaves and their masters? Wouldn't the Dothraki be better off keeping things as is and not crossing the Narrow Sea to risk their lives for this woman they just met? What the hell are they getting out of this? A higher risk of death and a much lower chance of rape and pillaging? Wow, what a deal! I understand the Unsullied's devotion, but not the Dothraki.

I like your idea for how things end up. Stay in Essos, Dany. Stop by Westeros with your pets to melt the White Walkers, but then get the hell out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

The TV Show did the "Flip a coin" explaination of Tageryen madness, right?

Yep, Cersei said it in season 2 while talking with Tyrion.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:45 PM, J.H. said:

The problem with the Lannisters is that after Tywin died the only one who was capable of running the family close to at his level was already a fugitive on the run. Jamie still remains a thug lacking any subtlety,  Cersei fancies herself clever but is even more obvious than Jamie. Its a miracle neither of them are dead in King's Landing at this point.

James

Kevan seems to know what he's doing, he just seems like he's not for all the bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If Tommen were to die, who would stop Highgarden from doing what they want? Nobody else has the army or the resources.

The show hasn't touched on it, but the Dorne really doesn't like Highgarden.   And with the coup, the Sands might be froggy enough to take the shot. 

And also toss in that Euron's new Iron Fleet has to go around Westeros to get where they want to go, and that route goes right past The Reach.  

So yeah, if the Tyrell's took over, they wouldn't hold it for long.

Forget who ends up as King/Queen when all this finally ends, I'm more curious who ends up on the small council because I don't see how you can't have a Greyjoy as Master of Ship and I think Yara is the perfect choice.

James