DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

There was a Sophie Turner video interview the other week (I couldn't find it on youtube, but it's on Vanity Fair's website or something), where she said the Man thing isn't really working out for Sansa and she should probably swing the other way. And then they asked who she thought Sansa's girlfriend should be, and her first choice was Margaery Tyrell, which, y'know, good choice. But her second choice was icky as all hell.

It was Arya. Although I'm probably grossed out because I'm thinking in book terms where they're still 16 and 14 years old, and not the young adults they are in the show now.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't tell if Elizium is being serious or not. I'm hoping not, because that's fucking awful and a hilarious misread of what's going on.

Well obviously not, I figured the convoluted equation and mentioning Sith made that clear....or like the whole thing in general.

Tho...I'm pretty proud with how well the scenario works, going strictly off everything we've learned in the series.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

There was a Sophie Turner video interview the other week (I couldn't find it on youtube, but it's on Vanity Fair's website or something), where she said the Man thing isn't really working out for Sansa and she should probably swing the other way. And then they asked who she thought Sansa's girlfriend should be, and her first choice was Margaery Tyrell, which, y'know, good choice. But her second choice was icky as all hell.

It was Arya. Although I'm probably grossed out because I'm thinking in book terms where they're still 16 and 14 years old, and not the young adults they are in the show now.

That is interesting. I'm guessing she was thinking more about real life for that second choice. I believe they are friends.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

There was a Sophie Turner video interview the other week (I couldn't find it on youtube, but it's on Vanity Fair's website or something), where she said the Man thing isn't really working out for Sansa and she should probably swing the other way. And then they asked who she thought Sansa's girlfriend should be, and her first choice was Margaery Tyrell, which, y'know, good choice. .

Sansa and Margaery doing the do in some toasty bedchamber in the Aerie..  There goes my concentration for the rest of the morning..

And yeah, Sansa has had horrible luck with the fellas.  She was initially attracted to Joffrey but that turned to shit since Joffrey was arrogant and batshit crazy, she got sexually assaulted by an equally arrogant and batshit crazy Ramsay Bolton, and now she's with a totally reformed yet gelded Theon Greyjoy. 

9 hours ago, AxB said:

As far as girl on girl action goes, I'm still pissed that we haven't got any Dany and Missandei action.  

I hate you for putting that thought in my head.   I totally forgot the passwords to log on to the Battlespace Workstations I'm supposed to be monitoring today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Sansa and Margaery doing the do in some toasty bedchamber in the Aerie..  There goes my concentration for the rest of the morning..

And yeah, Sansa has had horrible luck with the fellas.  She was initially attracted to Joffrey but that turned to shit since Joffrey was arrogant and batshit crazy, she got sexually assaulted by an equally arrogant and batshit crazy Ramsay Bolton, and now she's with a totally reformed yet gelded Theon Greyjoy. 

And now brooding half-brother Jon Snow. She made him a jacket...

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

You forgot being in love with the very attractive yet very gay Loras.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Sansa's had a worse love life than me, and I once had a girl tell me that we couldn't go to our reservation in Washington D.C.  When I asked why, she said, "gun laws."

When I lived / worked in NYC as a paralegal / investigator, I once had a girl tell me at a bar that she was sorta single since her boyfriend was in jail.  She really thought that would make things okay.

I didn't hit it because I did not want to be Cousin Daz when Snoop Eastwood got out of county, if you know what I'm sayin'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

When I lived / worked in NYC as a paralegal / investigator, I once had a girl tell me at a bar that she was sorta single since her boyfriend was in jail.  She really thought that would make things okay.

Speak for yourself. If I don't know him, she about to get fucked. Everyone behind bars ain't a killer.

7 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Speak for yourself. If I don't know him, she about to get fucked. Everyone behind bars ain't a killer.

Everyone behind bars ain't a killer, but that don't mean they won't turn into one when they find out their ol' lady out here creepin.  She told you about that dude up front for a reason, and it is to remove all plausible deniability.  Seriously, if a girl tells you about her man the first time you meet her, but she's still trying to get down...run for the hills.  Either her or her boyfriend is insane, and odds are you will be the focus of said insanity.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Everyone behind bars ain't a killer, but that don't mean they won't turn into one when they find out their ol' lady out here creepin.  She told you about that dude up front for a reason, and it is to remove all plausible deniability.  Seriously, if a girl tells you about her man the first time you meet her, but she's still trying to get down...run for the hills.  Either her or her boyfriend is insane, and odds are you will be the focus of said insanity.

I'll find out when I'm at his chick house playing his Xbox and chilling out.

But seriously, motherfuckers don't want to go back to prison as soon they get out. You keep enough distance between you and the girl, it's nothing to worry about. I have family members I've known since we were in diapers together that don't know where the fuck I live. They just know a general area. Keeping with that, she's not going to know if I got an apartment, townhouse, a cot, or live in a goddamn duplex. That's how people get caught up.

If you're a weirdo giving out your personal info and bank account number to anyone of the opposite sex whose willing to deal you, this is not something I would advise though. You're just a sucka.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'll find out when I'm at his chick house playing his Xbox and chilling out.

But seriously, motherfuckers don't want to go back to prison as soon they get out. You keep enough distance between you and the girl, it's nothing to worry about. I have family members I've known since we were in diapers together that don't know where the fuck I live. They just know a general area. Keeping with that, she's not going to know if I got an apartment, townhouse, a cot, or live in a goddamn duplex. That's how people get caught up.

I don't know if I love this post or hate it, but it is definitely one of the two.  I do have close family members who don't know my address, phone number, or email address.  Look, the only reason I haven't deleted my facebook is because I may need to get in contact with some of these people.  I also have a strong no facebook post rule, so no one will be offended when I don't answer their goofy ass request, because I don't answer anyone.  

32 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Thinking like that is what gets fools clipped and it also makes me less than sympathetic to the plight of the "victim."

Best way avoid stitches is to not get hemmed up in the first place.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Said the dude who has spent no time in stir.  Thinking like that is what gets fools clipped.

Best way avoid stitches is to not get hemmed up in the first place.

You don't have to be in prison to know prison mentality. If you've lived through the Clinton administration as a black person, I'm pretty sure you know at least 2 or 3 people close to you who have been locked up. AT LEAST.

Anyways, there are dudes I know whose chicks have two or three kids while the dude who lays claim to her is locked up for 10 or 15 years. They didn't get pregnant through magic and hope. When all these dudes got out, ain't a soul got a beat up, murdered, shot, or anything of that nature. A lot of these dudes have no expectation that their chick is going to be faithful. None whatsoever. Now if it's someone who is just goes in and out, then that might be something different. My mom's boyfriend was like that. But if we're talking about the women of dudes who are behind bars for a significant time, there is significant pounding happening to their girl. They can't stop that.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Look, the only reason I haven't deleted my facebook is because I may need to get in contact with some of these people.

Same. Birthday wishes and relatives saying hi. If it's not that, you will not see me on there.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You don't have to be in prison to know prison mentality. If you've lived through the Clinton administration as a black person, I'm pretty sure you know at least 2 or 3 people close to you who have been locked up. AT LEAST

I've known dudes that got gaffled and I've also known dudes that have gone to jail that actually needed to be behind fucking bars.

Just now, J.T. said:

I've known dudes that got gaffled and I've also known dudes that have gone to jail that actually needed to be behind fucking bars.

Doesn't matter as long as you knew them. That's the whole point.

Let's get this shit back on track with some nerd rage. Hereby follows things concerning The Greyjoys and the Kingsmoot:

First things first, the Greyjoy brothers:

Balon - Old angry bitter man, with reason thought, since no father should bury his children and he buried two and had to give away Theon to Ned Stark. He dies and things get even more fucked.

Euron - Captain Jack Sparrow if he was made of pure evil. He's charismatic, cunning and ruthless, a master of mind games and a skilled warrior, has an eyepatch that cover his weird sinister black eye (the other one is blue) and blue lips from drinking the same drug that the bald warlocks that kidnapped Dany's dragons drink. Has a red ship with black sails named Silence crewed by a motley crew of mutes from around the world. He's fucking cool (this is very important) and one of my favourite characters.

Victarion - Commander of the Iron Fleet. The perfect henchman strong and fearless but kinda dumb. A good commander and a better warrior, like I said he doesn't afraid of anything and wears full plate armor while on board of his ship (capping his chance of drowning at 99.9%). Hates Euron for various reason, one being that Euron seduced and impregnated one of his wives so Vic beats her to death with his own fists. A vile human being and also one of my favourite characters. Was axed from the show which makes me very sad.

Aeron - The youngest of the Balon's brothers, a drunk reckless frat boy in his youth until he had a near-death experience when he went down in a storm and drowned. He became a hermit and devotee of the Drowned God and is now a sour, humourless zealot that commands a ton of respect in the Iron Islands. Like his brother Vic he hates Euron with a passion but also fears him for unexplained, dark, creepy reasons. Amazing character, one of my favourites. He's replaced by a random priest in the show which makes me very sad.

The Kingsmoot:

Aeron Greyjoy calls the Kingsmoot, the first in thousands of years btw, because he wants to avoid a potential civil war in the Isles and to keep Euron from being king, also Aeron totes wants for Vic to win.

Each claimant has to make a speech and an offering to the voters, several lords make their claim but the important ones are Yara/Asha, Victarion and Euron. Vic makes a short speech all about continuing Balon's war and offers a nice trunk of gold, silver and gems, most people eat that shit up and he looks like the winner until Yara/Asha makes her offering of trunks filled with cobblestones, pinecones and turnips and says that's what they gained with the dumb war against the North that and a bunch of dead Iron Islanders and proposes that they make peace, gain some northerner land while they're ahead; it's not an happy speech but the crowd likes it and it seems like there's a 50/50 split between Yara and Victarion. Shit's tense and people may even get violent.

Then a horrific sound fills the air. A big bald tattooed pirate is blowing a twisted, gigantic, shiny black horn adorned with red gold and dark steel bands, incised with glyphs. With the crowd's total attention Euron takes the stage and makes a rousing speech belittling both Victarion's petty war and Yara's lame peace, he says he will claim all of Westeros using this crazy fucking horn that can bind DRAGONS~! to his will! he also lays out huge trunks filled to the brim with booty, the mother of all booty, a Serena-sized booty!! Needless to say the crowd goes fucking nuts screaming EURON EURON like mad men and even Aeron, for a split-second, thinks that shit is awesome and Euron's the coolest before thinking "Fuck this, fuck me.".

So yeah that shit last week was lame bruh.

P.S. I'm sorry.

Edited by MarcosLoura
stuff.
  • Like 6

Wow.  I can understand your disappointment.  The Greyjoys on the show are like a WWE comedy stable.  They show up, cut absurdly bragging promos about how amazing they are and proceed to fall on their faces or get beat up by a local celebrity while everyone goes and gets a snack.

They're the 3MB of the show.

• Like 3