DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS GIRLS ARE DUMB!

piranesi

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Bryan did a good job not mentioning NJPW and TNA by name while still bringing them up there. You gotta love the look on his face that clip stops on, too. It basically all comes off as "Cena, quit being holier than thou, because... you aren't."

When you consider Bryan's aversion to surgery.....

...pot meet kettle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I love the Action That Is Non-Stop and Total!

He failed to also imply anything about the Honourable Wrestling or the Wrestling Gorrlias.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

They ought to update the Vaudevillains from throwbacks of old timey 1920s wrestlers to craft beer drinking, fixed gear bike riding hipster trash. I feel like that might have more long term potential for advancement. They don't even have to change their looks or music, just play up how insufferable they are.

If they do this, they must bill them from seasonal residences in Portland, OR / The Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, NY / Austin, TX / Highland Park, CA

Per Meltzer - Bray sprained his ankle in the match and they wanted to stop it but Bray refused (that is why they put the ad break where they did)

Also - Jimmy Uso is hurt hence why no Usos this week

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - Bray sprained his ankle in the match and they wanted to stop it but Bray refused (that is why they put the ad break where they did)

Kudos to Bray carrying on, that's why I liked the post not for either getting hurt.

Yes, there's the commentary and random C-show matches.  But why not have him go singles on Smackdown?  If the roster is as thin as many claim then I'm sure people would be up for Jay having matches on there.

On 2016-08-03 at 8:55 AM, JCM said:

Well in this case the heel is a much better act than the face so hopefully not. I wouldn't be surprised if Crews won, but no way does he deserve a Warrior style title win over the best heel in the company.

HTM was just as effective a heel as Miz is now: the squash victory made Warrior that night. Crews is struggling and that type of win would be perfect to kick-start and get him in the right direction. Miz wouldn't be hurt by such a squash, as people pay to seem him get shitkicked.

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

HTM was just as effective a heel as Miz is now: the squash victory made Warrior that night. Crews is struggling and that type of win would be perfect to kick-start and get him in the right direction. Miz wouldn't be hurt by such a squash, as people pay to seem him get shitkicked.

Yeah but Warrior was bottled charisma that jumped off the screen.  Crews is soooo boring.  How can a guy that can do the shit he can be that boring? It's almost mind boggling.        

6 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

Yeah but Warrior was bottled charisma that jumped off the screen.  Crews is soooo boring.  How can a guy that can do the shit he can be that boring? It's almost mind boggling.        

Because he doesn't connect with the audience with all the things in-between. He also needs a better finisher. The throw powerbomb is better than the guerilla press/standing moonsault combination but neither is great.

7 minutes ago, zev said:

Can they do squash matches for titles in the era of 50/50 booking? How does Miz beat up Crews in a rematch a day or 2 later?

I think you could. Have Miz talk up how he wasn't ready and it was a fluke.

I still don't want them to do it because I don't care for Crews and Miz has been pretty rad.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Any mention if Kalisto was injured?

4 hours ago, NickMD said:

Yes, there's the commentary and random C-show matches.  But why not have him go singles on Smackdown?  If the roster is as thin as many claim then I'm sure people would be up for Jay having matches on there.

Shit, just have him feud with a tag team in singles matches. Say his brother is staying in the back for some nonsensical reason, say his name is Jimmy one week and Jey the next, and he can wrestle Gable and Jordan consecutively. No-one will notice!

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

Any mention if Kalisto was injured?

No - the only ones he mentioned where Bray, the Uso and Paige.

I have a feeling Kalisto just had the wind knocked out of him at the end of the match but then was fine