DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS GIRLS ARE DUMB!

piranesi

2 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

It is funny that in a way Cena, champion of parents and kids everywhere, mocked husband/father AJ Styles for going home on his day off instead of going to do some TV show appearance as a corporate mascot.

Dude he said he wore that stupid blue t-shirt on Colbert.  There's no "going home" after that.

• Like 1

Slept through the first half hour and wish I kept sleeping until the new episode of Black Market started on Viceland. If this is Vince being put out to pasture, kudos. Keep him away from Raw and let him do this shit. It just sucks for Ambrose, AJ, and American Alpha... okay, whoever is on it, really. Raw is doing backstage segments as good as the post-Raw segments on the Network and he puts a headset on Renee in a giant booth that makes her look tinier than she already is to interview people? Women's matches are nonexistent (btw, this was the first time me seeing Ms. Dead Eyes and her career is a rib on all of us)? Dolph Ziggler and Randy Orton? Cesaro is eating his words now. 

The Marty Lunde reference was funny though. 

WWE should have gone in a completely different direction with Ms. Dead Eyes. Since she's got the vacant look, she would have been perfect as the Wyatt valet. Stick her in daisy dukes, cut off flannel shirt, and a pair of old Doc Martens; and let her be the sex toy that gets fed tons of acid and passed around the family. Eva Marie Wyatt has a nice ring to it. 

Is AJ Styles being a dork part of his schtick or does he think he's a cool heel? 

It's amazing how Dunn misses so many shots but he was excellent at underlining AJ's point about Nashville by finding the most bizarre looking folk in the crowd.

Sign of the night was the blown up photo of bug-eyed Nic Cage from Vampire's Kiss. 

17 minutes ago, JCM said:

The Red Robot should just have the gimmick of the girl from Small Wonder as an adult. Her new show will be called Not So Small Wonders.

Give her a slight variation of the Red Rooster, Red Robot Chicken.

• Like 1

They need to hire the guy that played Warren on Buffy to be Eva's manager.

So what does Bray do at SummerSlam if he isn't added to the title match? Sami has nothing to do over on Raw despite being a top 5 guy in WWE this year. I think that despite the extra long run time some good acts are still going to get screwed over. They don't have time to properly set up a feud for Alpha so it'll probably be a 8 man tag if they make the show at all. Nothing from the SDL women's division belongs on Summer Slam main show, and I'm questioning if they have anything preshow worthy.

• Like 1

Raise your hand if it took you a good long while to figure out what the hell the V.Z. on the front of Dolph's shirt was supposed to stand for? Hint: even the D in Dolph's new logo is a silly looking douchebag riffing on better things from thirty years ago. It's a good thing Dolph won because otherwise they would've had to bury him face down with a fork stuck up his ass on the spot. As it is, I think he needs some kind of special repellant to spray between his cheeks to keep his own head out of there. On the other hand, I'd be a dirty damned liar if I pretended I didn't want to see him get waylaid once more to begin next week's show and goaded into another match where he puts his title shot on the line again. In fact, if Ziggler propelled such challenges leading all the way up until Summerslam growing  even more braggadocious with each win wouldn't that make him the ultimate blowhard prick by bragging about fending off challengers he should've never given into in the first place?

7 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Raise your hand if it took you a good long while to figure out what the hell the V.Z. on the front of Dolph's shirt was supposed to stand for?

V is for Varsity. That's Spirit Squad pride.

• Like 2

Awesome opening segment, loved that. Ziggler was bringing the fire on the mic and Ambrose came off like the man there as champ, great stuff from both. Really added to the feud and I'm looking forward to their match the most. Cena/Styles segment was great as well, always love fired up Cena promos.

• Like 3

Just now, zev said:

V is for Varsity. That's Spirit Squad pride.

That's funny considering how from the sound of his opening promo he had harrowing experiences as a wrestling male cheerleader. I'm guessing these experiences were at the hands of a certain corporate cowboy commentator whose name rhymes with Don Prattshaw Mayfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offspring515 said:

Decent show.  Vast improvement over last week.  Still no tag or women's title news so those divisions continue to be meaningless.

Someone else mentioned this, bit on Talking Smack, Bryan said he and Shane were taking their time to figure out the best way to determine how to crown their new champs because they didn't want to rush and overreact the way Raw did.  He then said something to the effect of "Hey look, we've got the champions of the Milky Way!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Someone else mentioned this, bit on Talking Smack, Bryan said he and Shane were taking their time to figure out the best way to determine how to crown their new champs because they didn't want to rush and overreact the way Raw did.  He then said something to the effect of "Hey look, we've got the champions of the Milky Way!"

Rather than fighting over belts, those vying for the new championships will be fighting over Milky Way bars. 

38 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Bryan: "So what do you think.  Military school?"

Shane: "I mean, we've tried everything to reach out to him."

Bryan: "I'll get the pamphlets."

I read military school, I hear this.

• Like 1