DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

44 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

JBL, on the other hand, is fucking terrible because he follows the Jerry Lawler model of being a loud, obnoxious heel panderer, except at least Lawler cracked something that he mistakenly thought would be a half-funny joke on occasion.

ftfy.

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Maybe she's going on her honeymoon?

Most likely - well before the events of tonight

And Wade Keller said he has no reason to believe that she has a wellness violation

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think WWE wrestlers really need to be kept away from the Seattle Seahawks.

As much as Kraperneck needs to be kept far the hell away from actual NFL rosters until other bigger busts leapfrog him on the depth chart. Blaine Gabbert today, Cade McNown tomorrow. I bet if Todd Marinovich and Kraperneck were on a roster the former would still find his way higher atop the depth chart than the former Mr. Going to Revolutionize the Game. I think Kraperneck is the one who needs Bob Backlund as his life coach. The only way that fuck is ever getting a starting gig again is if he snaps and chickenwings the throwing arms of all the other QB's on the roster.

3 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

As much as Kraperneck needs to be kept far the hell away from actual NFL rosters until other bigger busts leapfrog him on the depth chart. Blaine Gabbert today, Cade McNown tomorrow. I bet if Todd Marinovich and Kraperneck were on a roster the former would still find his way higher atop the depth chart than the former Mr. Going to Revolutionize the Game. I think Kraperneck is the one who needs Bob Backlund as his life coach. The only way that fuck is ever getting a starting gig again is if he snaps and chickenwings the throwing arms of all the other QB's on the roster.

First, calm down lol.  Second, The 49ers are tanking. They don't want Kaepernick to run his way into some victories. They are in the Watson sweepstakes.

Not sure if this is all the responsibility of the WWE but a number of people ( Senor Lariato & DTAM that we know of) have just had that Twitter accounts suspended because of posting gifs of Summerslam

If they are going to do a crackdown on wrestling gifs then they are going to be busy

When most people talk about wrestling on the internet, "the match had great psychology" = "the wrestlers did a bunch of moves I like and then 2.9'd out of them a lot."

On 8/20/2016 at 8:05 PM, blitzkrieg said:

Mauro Ranallo is so much better on anything that is not Smackdown. I firmly blame that on the dead weights of JBL and Otunga.

Mauro is everything Matt Striker wants to be and can't.

Now that Lawler's gone, I'm glad people are realizing how shitty JBL is in the booth. Hopefully he's the next one sent to the studio circuit, where he'd be a much better fit. Hearing him and Graves at the same time during Lesnar/Orton was pretty jarring, not just with the quality of their words, but how Graves knew how to get his lines in without cutting off everyone else, even though he had never worked with two of them.

Otunga adds nothing. For such a smart guy, he speaks with no confidence. He's meeker than Saxton which is bad news when you're next to a loudmouth like JBL who's always trying to be the center of attention.

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

Not sure if this is all the responsibility of the WWE but a number of people ( Senor Lariato & DTAM that we know of) have just had that Twitter accounts suspended because of posting gifs of Summerslam

If they are going to do a crackdown on wrestling gifs then they are going to be busy

Apparently - the WWE hired a third party to aggressively pursue DMCA complaints

Lariato created a new account (@MrLARIATO) - DTAM has said he isn't going to do another Twitter account. He is going to create a Tumblr or something

Lariato also said that at one point - New Japan did reach out to him basically to say that they didn't really mind the GIF, they had a problem with videos being posted.

So again - the WWE handles all of this poorly

I didn't have AXS TV/Fight Network so I never watched the New Japan stuff with Mauro and Josh Barnett.  Has Mauro always been this excessive with his similes?   When he is serious about what is going on in the ring he one of the best but man he just can't help himself at times. I mean do we really need to compare something to Ryan Lotche for example in the heat of a match.    I mean I guess it is better than JBL who does the same thing referencing soccer, rugby, and cricket stars that maybe 3% of the US population know.   

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I didn't have AXS TV/Fight Network so I never watched the New Japan stuff with Mauro and Josh Barnett.  Has Mauro always been this excessive with his similes?   When he is serious about what is going on in the ring he one of the best but man he just can't help himself at times. I mean do we really need to compare something to Ryan Lotche for example in the heat of a match.    I mean I guess it is better than JBL who does the same thing referencing soccer, rugby, and cricket stars that maybe 3% of the US population know.   

Him using "MAMA MIA!" as his Joey Styles "Oh my God!" call not once but twice was pretty annoying too.

Good thing I wasn't home so I couldn't GIF Summerslam, although I tend to only make one or two per show. I followed both those guys and like them, I didn't see what they were GIFing but I can understand WWE not liking it if accounts were GIFing every single big move in a match. Be nice if they sent out a warning first though.  I saw other accounts that made GIFs not be suspended so it looks like they just went after the big guys, maybe assuming everyone would see they got suspended and stop on their own.