DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Well, I actually am interested enough in RAW to watch it tonight just to see what they do with the title. 

Put the gold on Reigns, please. Dude has great main event matches. 

Or KO/Zayn, but I know they won't do that, so Reigns is acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I hate saying it, but the answer is to put the gold on Jericho with Owens as his heater to prevent him from doing complex fucking spots.

I was going to suggest Jericho but didnt know which show he was on now. 

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I hate saying it, but the answer is to put the gold on Jericho with Owens as his heater to prevent him from doing complex fucking spots.

I can't believe I'm liking this and it makes Chris Jericho the smartest guy in the fucking room.  But yes please.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If they do jericho vs brock, they need to bring back Gotch Gracie* totrain him.

* yes, i  had to look up if the big cat was still alive**.

** he is. 

It was mentioned at Takeover that Ember Moon was trained by Mr. Hughes. I don't remember if it was Phillips or Graves, but one of them asked if Mr. Hughes trained her with his sunglasses on. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Jesus Lawler spends the entirety of Raw now spamming twitter with people wanting him back.  I'd unfollow, but he's built into my twitter gimmick.

What kind of masochist would want Jerry Lawler back? I think I'd rather have my balls stepped on by a pair of stiletto's. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What kind of masochist would want Jerry Lawler back?

Well there's a guy named "RandyDaSnowMan" and another named "ShrekDaddy5150"

A lot can be guessed based just on that.  For instance,that last one may be Sammy Hagar.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Well there's a guy named "RandyDaSnowMan" and another named "ShrekDaddy5150"

A lot can be guessed based just on that.  For instance,that last one may be Sammy Hagar.

All that Cabo Wabo is obviously clouding Sammy's judgment.

Update: CBS weatherman in Beaumont, TX Kerry Cooper also really wants Lawler back.

Also there's a special weather statement for Hardin, Jefferson, Orange, and Tyler.

EDIT: But, you know what.  One of Weather guy Kerry Cooper's tweets reads merely:

@HeathSlaterOMRB @WWE @WWEUniverse #SignHeathSlater

So...he's not all bad at all.

Latest Update: How great is it to have a local t.v. weatherman who tweets:

Spoiler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

But Kids could do it at home. Cant have that.

(no one show kids how to do a 12-to6 elbow)

Cue Joe Rogan explaining how those elbows are only banned in the UFC because of officials and politicians seeing them used to break bricks in karate demonstrations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Am I misremembering or did they say last night that Mr Hughes trained Apollo Crews too?

Yeah the line referenced was about Crews last night, I think it was from Mauro. Ember Moon trained with Skandor Akbar and later at Booker's school.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Jesus Lawler spends the entirety of Raw now spamming twitter with people wanting him back.  I'd unfollow, but he's built into my twitter gimmick.

You can easily change your twitter handle/display name.  Might I suggest @DarkmansEar?

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's a stupid move for his style of wrestling, body type, and character, anyway. It's just really dissonant and not something he should be doing in the first place. Why the hell is he doing big power moves? He's a tall cross-fit-y dude. He should be wrestling like 1991 Lightning Kid on Steroids.

It's been like 25 or so years, but didn't Lightning Kid sometimes beat people with a powerbomb when he wasn't tombstoning them?