DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 7/26/2016

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I'll fucking counter that if they just put fucking Strowman as seen on Monday on Smackdown and had him win this bullshit, I'd be more excited for it. 

On that note, did they give any logical reason why Brawn even showed up on Raw instead of following Bray?

10 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I think he does the Indy guy "butt in the air" sell instead.

That makes me think he'll do that, combined with the dumb WWE fighting spirit, springing up, superkicking Ambrose, and then they both collapse.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm going to make a prediction: Ambrose spikes Ziggler with Dirty Deeds and Ziggler springs up with a Rock-like oversell.

I'm pulling for an RVD style bounce sell. I don't know if it's even physically possible but if anyone can figure out an oversell it's Ziggler.

40 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

On that note, did they give any logical reason why Brawn even showed up on Raw instead of following Bray?

The Wyatts weren't available as a unit.

56 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That makes me think he'll do that, combined with the dumb WWE fighting spirit, springing up, superkicking Ambrose, and then they both collapse.

Eh, WWE didn't invent that. That's an old Japan trope that got overdone in the 2000s indies and only made its way to WWE in the last several years as more and more high profile guys have come from there.

I guarantee you'll see a rebound into a superkick into another rebound lariat, though.

2 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Eh, WWE didn't invent that. That's an old Japan trope that got overdone in the 2000s indies and only made its way to WWE in the last several years as more and more high profile guys have come from there.

I guarantee you'll see a rebound into a superkick into another rebound lariat, though.

I know they didn't invent it...hence the comment about the dumb WWE fighting spirit.

If you listen to Ambrose on Cabana's podcast from a few years ago he goes on a rant about how much he hates the fighting spirit pop up superkick stuff, and how people should just sell. Funny in hindsight.

• Like 1

I think it'll be interesting to see if Becky Lynch can carry the dumpster fire that is the women's division of Smackdown for the next few months until Bayley and Asuka hopefully make their way up. 

She's got to work two serviceable people in Nattie and Naomi and a bunch of garbage, but I have faith in her. 

Even Alpha has the Usos to work with, but Becky really got screwed over in this draft. 

I hope they end up letting the Women's Champ float shows so we can get Sasha/Becky again because they have awesome chemistry together. 

Speaking of tag teams on Smackdown, The Revival need to get called up soon even if it means putting the gold on Ciampa and Gargano. They are badly needed there, and they'll get over just fine with their work. 

I thought the battle royal was well-booked. If you wanna get a young guy like Crews over, teasing "Kane: World Title contender" and then having Crews save us from it was a good idea. And I know he's a little too gymnastic-tastic, but that backflip choke slam counter was pretty cool...

• Like 1

Meltzer said in a tweet that Vince booked RAW so I guess there go all those ideas that Triple H did all that miracle work. Only Vince would load up the show like that. Triple H must have won a coin toss to get Finn to win though.

Smackdown is possibable to save. I mean Ziggler winning was a hell of a shock. I can only imagine they went that way to combat Finn winning. I would love it if Nash showed up to make Ziggler into a full 1994 Shawn Michaels like he said he would do in that interview.

The one thing Smackdown does need is tag titles. They should dig out of storage the old WWE Tag title belts. Those would look so amazing on American Alpha.

• Like 1

Once or twice a year they are able to get away with switching out Vince's huge mug of Red Bull and cocaine paste with a mug of Sleepy-time tea and Ritalin and it's a miracle.  Like that episode of NEWS RADIO where Andy Dick becomes Smathew ("Smart Mathew").

But it only lasts as long as one mug and if they do it too often he'll catch on.

33 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Meltzer said in a tweet that Vince booked RAW so I guess there go all those ideas that Triple H did all that miracle work. Only Vince would load up the show like that. Triple H must have won a coin toss to get Finn to win though.

Smackdown is possibable to save. I mean Ziggler winning was a hell of a shock. I can only imagine they went that way to combat Finn winning. I would love it if Nash showed up to make Ziggler into a full 1994 Shawn Michaels like he said he would do in that interview.

The one thing Smackdown does need is tag titles. They should dig out of storage the old WWE Tag title belts. Those would look so amazing on American Alpha.

If Smackdown had AJ, American Alpha, Rhyno, AND Nash it would probably become my favorite show on all of television.

• Like 2

The women aren't garbage at all.  Eva can't really wrestle at all but I do think her gimmick is perfect for this division. 

Naomi was one of the more underrated women's workers before her injury. She was improving by leaps and bounds. Becky is fantastic. Nattie is "ok" I'm not going to say she's good but she's serviceable.

Alexa and Carmella both needed more time in NXT but they have both been quickly improving as well. 

The only bad worker is Eva so I don't think it's a dumpster fire.   They will also add probably Nikki Bella to it and then they are supposed to do a CWC style tournament for the women too.  It might be rough for the first couple months but it has potential.

• Like 3

I'm much lower on Alexa and Carmella than you are, so I'll disagree. But Nikki would help quite a lot, as she's actively good and her vs. Becky Lynch actually sounds like something I want to see. I'd assume Asuka loses in August and comes up too, and assuming she goes to Smackdown, Nikki/Asuka sounds like a really fun matchup where they strike the shit out of each other. Just those two + Becky would probably be enough to anchor the division. 

The Raw women's roster isn't fantastic either.

• Sasha
  • Charlotte
  • Dana
  • Nia
  • Paige
  • Alicia Fox
  • Summer Rae

Really, from the current MR, you've got 1 strong division or 2 so-so divisions.

Would it be better to have a single brand with Sasha, Charlotte, Dana, Nia, Becky, Alexa, Carmella, Paige, and Naomi? Fill it in with a few extra and you could have a women's tag division as well.

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I'd assume Asuka loses in August and comes up too, 

My theory is Asuka wins in Brooklyn and then brings the NXT Women's Title to SDLive. It would give NXT time to rebuild their women's division and give Smackdown Live their own women's title