DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 7/26/2016

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

You know what's weird? Dolph is only 1 year older than RAW's hot young superstar Finn Balor.

Yes but Finn dresses like an adult cosplayer while Dolph dresses like a literal child.

As I'm typing that I don't know which is worse.

• Like 3

I'm trying to think of a less appealing match than Ambrose/Ziggler. Between the two of them there's about 2 1/2 credible offensive moves. They should've just called up NXT as a whole and put them on Tuesday nights.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

Is it wrong of me to think that was one of those times when John Cena actually should have gone over? 

Normally I'd say yeah if the obvious booking wasn't to have AJ work Cena again at SS.

Ziggler is a good company man.  I think he's earned a title shot and he is baby enough and a good enough seller to make the rumored Ambrose heel turn feel like a heel turn.

The problem is that you're building towards a match between two guys with arguably the most questionable offenses in the fed.  I am not so bromanced with Ambrose that I don't realize that is not bomb ass Jon Moxley from Florida Pro in the ring right now.

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Yes but Finn dresses like an adult cosplayer while Dolph dresses like a literal child.

As I'm typing that I don't know which is worse.

I just realized when Finn isn't cosplaying Carnage as The Demon he's cosplaying 1998 Alex Wright with the leather jacket/trunks look

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

So, Dean vs. Dolph. Does that even get viewed as a top 5 match for Summerslam?

Also, man, any of the talent that might have bitched about not going to Smackdown is probably looking around and apologizing profusely. 

You say that, but if Cesaro had been on SD instead we might have gotten him vs. Dean instead of Dolph.

5 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

Is it wrong of me to think that was one of those times when John Cena actually should have gone over? 

Him or AJ. Either would have worked so much better than anyone else there. I can only think they are saving Dean vs. one of them for SD's first ppv.

So Smackdown is pretty much fucked until September when Joe, Nakamura, &/or Bayley debut, isn't it?

This could force them to turn Ziggler heel or just turn him naturally, which would be good because I kind of loved him as the preppie asshole.  To me he's only been shit since he turned babyface with his title win and mainly because he didn't keep any of that persona and instead became the little kid version of Michael Anthony from the Hot for Teacher video while thinking he was the little kid version of David Lee Roth from the Hot for Teacher video.

• Like 8

I knew this was going to be the Anti-RAW when the fucking battle royal got booked.  When in doubt, cover the shortcomings of your shitty workers by throwing them into a cluster fuck or a triple threat.

God, I love The Miz.  He continues to be the molten heat machine of this fucking fed and he leans into offense like he loves to eat hospital food and uses his wonderful doucheness to put over guys that are in dire need of getting over.

Who do you feed to the Viper when smarks like me post Fuck Randy Orton.as often as they can?  The mother fucking Miz.

• Like 1

Okay. Trying to find a bright side here.

It feels like this show didn't do much to actually tell me what the average Smackdown is going to be going forward. 

We had a good womens match, though not an amazing one, and it led to them kinda "introducing" the division, which was super fucking lame, but kay. 

All the tag teams that are around to work with AA were all in the battle royal. So no real sign of direction there.

6 Man Match didn't let us get a feel for storyline direction. Wyatt, Corbin, Crews, and Kalisto probably gonna get feuds which wow those are really shitty 3rd biggest single feud options save Wyatt.

Fuck Smackdown is in trouble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, piranesi said:

To me he's only been shit since he turned babyface with his title win and mainly because he didn't keep any of that persona and instead became the little kid version of Michael Anthony from the Hot for Teacher video while thinking he was the little kid version of David Lee Roth from the Hot for Teacher video.

classic

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

6 Man Match didn't let us get a feel for storyline direction. Wyatt, Corbin, Crews, and Kalisto probably gonna get feuds which wow those are really shitty 3rd biggest single feud options save Wyatt.

Fuck Smackdown is in trouble.

That is a roster issue too.  All of those guys needed to be starting something new tonight and instead on the first real SMACKDOWN to pull people in, they just get thrown into a FF stew because there aren't enough bodies.

So basically from the results I'm reading, Kane eliminated the entire tag team division, plus anyone who has ever been in a tag team before:

Both Ascension, Breezango, Ryder and Kalisto.

Maybe their plan is to have Kane win whatever new tag team belts they create with Bryan, who just sits in a suit at ringside.

• Like 1

I liked Becky/Nattie. Wasn't as good as their PPV match but perfectly serviceable. And it was cool to get the other players in the division out afterwards but it could have been done better. The only one who stood out was Eva Marie and that's largely due to her new over the top entrance theme. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Him or AJ. Either would have worked so much better than anyone else there. I can only think they are saving Dean vs. one of them for SD's first ppv.

I'd be afraid that the first Smackdown PPV is going be too late for Ambrose's title reign. I don't know if there's a way to not come across as a lame duck champion when you're defending the title against Dolph Ziggler at one of the big 4 PPVs in 2016. I guess we should just be happy that it's not Kane.