DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-18-16

MGFanJay

I'm 100 percent positive that Jericho playing up all the things that net fans hate about him is part of an eventual heel turn that's been planned for some time. It goes back to that finish of the six man with Ambrose and Reigns where he fucked up and lost the match. He said on his podcast that he had a long term idea and I think this is clearly it.

Yeah, pretty much. As if they're going to script babyface Jericho as being on the same level as Roman and Brock. They'd never do that unless it was to set something else up.

I figure Jericho winds up with The Authority and basically takes HHH's place on house shows against Roman. Probably faces Ambrose at Mania as was originally his plan back in the six man.

Here's the problem with all of that: A win over Jericho means nothing, a loss to Jericho is harmful, and above all else he's boring as shit now. He just drags everything down when he shows up.

Pretty much the only time the crowd seemed to be having fun was Jericho's ref bit.

This show was so uneventful and nothing that even on the MLK day episode, stro couldn't come up with a racial angle to complain about.

Well, there was the match with 3 black guys and a white guy (when there was a perfectly able other black guy who is the tag partner of one of the other guys in the match) that had the white guy get the win while passing comments of "keeping the dream alive" were made. But in a company where just a few years ago had a black guy getting curb stomped on MLK day, I'd say that's a pretty big step up.

I didn't really watch the show, though. Just bits and pieces. I'm sure Jericho made some wacky Jew reference or Stephanie said something racist about Samoans. I'll be writing a letter to corporate in the morning.

• Like 1

I actually have wanted to see BRock vs. the Wyatt Family for a long time now. But this wasn't great.

I'm also very disappointed at the crowd for now laughing their asses off when Jericho told Heyman, "What if the Royal Rumble comes down to Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Jericho?"

Well yes and no. 

Young had talked about "dealing with some personal issues" and also had a minor injury but he has also been working Superstars and house shows.

In fact - PTP still teams together on house shows. Heck they were on the India tour working together.

It seems like that while he was out briefly - they started this Titus/Stardust thing that will never end and there seems to be a quasi-singles push for Titus.

Of course - that meant immediately putting him back into tag matches with random folks.

I mean I love the idea of judging how well angles are going based on the crowd noise as much as the next guy.  But looking at the recap video this morning in brief, I heard not a lot of noise but the entire crowd standing on their feet to watch the angle.  I don't see this as a problem that requires a lot of attention to the extent this thread has taken it.  I understand the listening to the audience talking point, but crowds are fickle and you can't shitcan everything every week.

Paige returns! ... with Natalya who she was being a bitch to when she suddenly disappeared ... from Team PCB after they broke up ... because of her ... yet she was warning Becky about Charlotte ... who Paige was right about all along ... so the breakup was really due to Charlotte ... a storyline that has continued without Paige involved ... Paige, who just returned tonight. Like, "Oh hey, Maggle, look; it's Paige."

Yeah, with the return of Total Divas, we're going to see the return of more nonsense face/heel alignments based on whatever contrived storylines that show is pushing this season. Yay. lol

On a positive Diva note, loved Becky's promo against the Flairs. Great job of having her sucker Ric in.