DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess what pissed me off about it too was that prior to the angle, Lana and Rusev were never shown to be an on screen couple. It was just wrestler and manager who just so happened to be a super hot woman. She would talk about crushing, then he would crush. It was simple and it worked. Sure, Rusev gained personality, but who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway? And who's to say whether or not thats for the best? Sure the funny tweets, or hugging Vince is great. But if he had just stayed in serious killer mode, maybe we couldve gotten some more great Cena matches, or he could've finally been put in there with Brock. Just food for thought

Rusev's push was totally botched last year. He should've gone over Cena and then just kept crushing people until he ran into Lesnar. I do like that Rusev has character now, but they also missed a chance to get a new main event level heel over. 

Rusev's new "personality" hasn't really translated into very much, as entertaining as it may be.

• Like 2

I use to hear that about the 619. But its his premier move, of course he tries to position guys into it. 

Which would be fine, but it was the awkward way that guys would take a typical wrestling bump, but fall awkwardly  into a prone position on the ropes, that would never happen in any one else's matches, that made it so irritating.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to figure out why Riley is still employed despite being bad at wrestling, bad at talking, harmful and unprofessional as a color guy, and injured for most of the past 4 years? And seemingly unprofessional in general, frequently lashing out at fans and shitting on his co-workers. What secrets could he have on Vince that are so bad Vince keeps paying him to do nothing?

All I can come up with is that Riley cosplays as mini-HHH really well and Vince digs that.

6f06da461835024.jpg 

Depending on where the break is and the severity, Sheamus may not miss much time and could still do a match at WM as long as he's kept on TV.

Still, what a crazy string of injuries. Since Cena went down, I've been waiting for the inevitable Reigns or Lesnar injury.

At least HHH should stay healthy, unless he gets injured training.

Man... In that doomsday scenario where Brock and Reigns both miss WM, what would WWE do? Ambrose vs HHH? In trying to think of guys next in line, there's so many hurt by bad booking. It's probably something like:

Ambrose

Sheamus

Bray

Owens

AJ Styles

Kofi

Kofi I think would be over huge. I thought his ship sailed after not beating Orton, but he stayed faithful to WWE and is more over now than ever. I really hope he gets a run at the top and those are words I never thought I would ever say because I used to hate Kofi so much.

The touring system doesn't seem to help the New Japan guys, their bodies still end up wrecked. Wrestling just isn't healthy.

Ya think?

• Like 1

That GIF of Vince taking such a massive L that he couldn't hold it in on camera is still maybe the most captivating GIF I've ever seen.

You can tell right at that moment that he's been broken and isn't the same Vince McMahon who would take an L on the WBF or XFL and come right back from it. Amazing. 

They stopped that push of the New Day as the top heel stable, and it's a shame. People would buy Big E as a foil to Reigns right now, much less with his two buddies running interference for him. 

It's not worth worrying about Big E getting pops against Reigns anyway. Everyone not named Sheamus is the face when they face Reigns already. Might as well run with it. Big E can be the face on TV/PPV and Reigns can be the face at house shows. 

That GIF of Vince taking such a massive L that he couldn't hold it in on camera is still maybe the most captivating GIF I've ever seen.

You can tell right at that moment that he's been broken and isn't the same Vince McMahon who would take an L on the WBF or XFL and come right back from it. Amazing. 

Yeah, that was an L right to the grapefruits.