DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

So tell me about Google cardboard (anyone who can). I'm a full time student and my wife already says I dump too much into games so most VR things are out of the question. However, I have seen it mentioned when people discuss VR. 

Anyone read a reason why Cuphead has been so delayed? I was hearing tons of buzz about that in 2014 and it became a "yeah, whatever happened to that?" search yesterday. Website says 2016, but it's not on a list of releases through September, so it would have to be holiday season for a game that was supposed to come out relatively early in 2015, I thought.

I know internet censorship is a real hot button issue, but Twitch really does need to consider more stringent moderation in the long term. I'm not really sure that if I own a company that I'd want to be known as a place where you can find a safe place to make holocaust and pedophilia jokes on the Salty Bet stream, you know?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I know internet censorship is a real hot button issue, but Twitch really does need to consider more stringent moderation in the long term. I'm not really sure that if I own a company that I'd want to be known as a place where you can find a safe place to make holocaust and pedophilia jokes on the Salty Bet stream, you know?

So far every time I've gone on twitch I've wanted to watch people play Dead By Daylight but all they do is talk to their fans and sing and have giveaways.

Thanks, btw, to everyone who offered advice on my question above.  I just got Black Ops 2 and it's just what I had in mind.  The robots suck!  Which is great because that means I can come in 4th out of 6 or so.

The only thing I've ever seen people do on twitch (except when Foz was streaming a while ago) is ask their fans for money. And this was a big youtuber who made a video two weeks later about his expensive car.

Well, yeah, that's basically what Twitch is. It's basically just about all the big twitch channels operaters job. That's how they bring in money is subscriptions and donations.

Most twitch channels aren't my thing, but I've been a subscriber to Geek and Sundry, for instance, for about a year now, and they've earned my 60 bucks with their content. 

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I twitch every couple months. NO ambition of ever getting a following or a dime, but it amuses me to have 4 people watch me fail at Moon Knight pinball or Amplitude.

When you twitch pinball again, lemme know. 

18 hours ago, Tabe said:

When you twitch pinball again, lemme know. 

12 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Cliff - username on twitch so i can get notifications as to when you show up?

zqadams is my twitch. If I don't fire it up before then, I will definitely break it out for Doctor Who Pinball in 2037 or whenever Farsight remember they promised to not make it mobile-and-Steam exclusive.

8 hours ago, jstout said:

So I could make money having people watch me play vidja games and fuss at my cats? "We're playing Fallout 4 today YOU GET DOWN FROM THERE RIGHT NOW! ..."

Knew we shoulda recorded all those GTA 4 all night runs, especially on beer 2 nights.  

Bought the Blood & Wine DLC for the Witcher 3. Well worth the money if you're into the Witcher 3 (which is slowly but steadily taking the top spot in my best game ever list). 

Heart of Stone was an amazing piece of DLC which added a few new mechanics and added a bit to the map (plus an engaging story), but Blood & Wine ups the ante. Huge map, new setting, whole menu overhaul and new gameplay elements. It's also a breath of fresh air seeing an area with more colour and sunshine, it's basically a whole new game. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I bought Stick of Truth for $10 off the big Xbox Sale. I am trying to tell myself that's all I'm buying, but I'm tempted to snag Rayman Origins and a couple of others as well.

Finally was able to get into the servers and working at a Museum definitely pays off.  We have 5 of the PokeShop monuments on property and I have like 20 extra Poke Balls saved up already.

Yeah - there are a metric ton of PokeShops on campus - the problem was I couldnt get to any of them since the servers shit the bed.

Assuming they dont change daily - I dont mind as I walk past 3 of them between my car and the office

Yeah,  I could've probably gotten a good start since I worked in Manhattan today and got done early, bit the servers being obliterated today dashed those hopes.