DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Victoria is my hometown and I can attest to the hippies and old folks but it also gets it's fair share of dickheads moving there to go to university. I saw more drunken altercations there than anywhere else I've lived.

Is that a recent phenomenon? I live in a Vancouver suburb and used to go to the island a lot as a youngster and only remember good stuff of the people of Victoria.

Regardless, I thought you people said Roman had won over the crowd?! Bonking him on the head with a briefcase would run contrary to that.

Victoria is my hometown and I can attest to the hippies and old folks but it also gets it's fair share of dickheads moving there to go to university. I saw more drunken altercations there than anywhere else I've lived.

Is that a recent phenomenon? I live in a Vancouver suburb and used to go to the island a lot as a youngster and only remember good stuff of the people of Victoria.

Regardless, I thought you people said Roman had won over the crowd?! Bonking him on the head with a briefcase would run contrary to that.

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d

• Like 6

The Horsemen and later Randy Savage were cool heels way before the NWO. I mean, speaking strictly for myself, if you were a WWF kid who randomly turned on Nitro one night, the NWO were babyfaces

Didn't Buddy Rogers invent the cool heel gimmick? I mean he wasn't considered a cool heel in that time period, but wasn't the character a cocky rich guy who could talk the talk and then walk the walk and didn't mind telling the fans as such? I have seen very scant amounts of footage of the man, but from what I have, it seemed like he was driving a Ferrari while everyone else was in a Model-T.

In the limited footage of Buddy Rogers that we have, you don't really see him doing anything that would make people cheer him at all. The idea of a cool heel is not having a cool gimmick, it's wrestling and acting in such a way that makes fans want to do things other than boo you. Kevin Steen on the indies was a cool heel, because he would say clever things, or do cool moves, or wink at the audience. Kevin Owens (for the most part) has not been a cool heel because he has backed off from confrontation and stalled repeatedly, while being a general dick. Some people still cheer him, but that can't be helped. 

I think of it more like the Rock, where as we know he's the bad guy, but deep in their hearts, the fans wish they were as cool as him.

This was a while back. And you're right, the people in Vic are usually fine. I'm just saying I could see one of them chucking a briefcase at someone, wrestler or not.

d12b29a084c245ff9f1b3b41f5c53512355cce6d

15dswu0.jpg

• Like 1

So anyway this is from today's F4W.com update:

Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich are teasing one last match.  Kevin asked for a six-man tag where he would team with his sons against Hayes and two partners of his choosing.  Hayes claimed that before he came to Texas, nobody had ever heard of the Sportatorium or the Von Erichs.

I doubt anything will come of this, but it got me to wondering, who would be the best choices for the heel team?

Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich are teasing one last match.  Kevin asked for a six-man tag where he would team with his sons against Hayes and two partners of his choosing.  Hayes claimed that before he came to Texas, nobody had ever heard of the Sportatorium or the Von Erichs.

I doubt anything will come of this, but it got me to wondering, who would be the best choices for the heel team?

Gordy's son could come back for a one-off, no?

Well, Iceman King Parsons still appears occasionally.  He's in his mid-60's now, but he's probably healthier than Hayes.

If all else fails, there's always these two:

ZIergGc.jpg

• Like 3

Most UVic students are a scourge upon humanity.

• Like 1

this Von Erich/Hayes thing is presumably a pitch for a 'Mania match, right? Surely Hayes can't work an independent show since he's a suit (but maybe he can, I guess). Either way, Luke Harper needs to be involved.

Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich are teasing one last match. Kevin asked for a six-man tag where he would team with his sons against Hayes and two partners of his choosing. Hayes claimed that before he came to Texas, nobody had ever heard of the Sportatorium or the Von Erichs.

Gordy's son retired?

If only Morishima hadn't retired! He and... I dunno Fujiwara could team wit hHayes as som bizarre Japanese Freedbird tribute band. They could even re-enact the Badtreet music video!

James

Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich are teasing one last match. Kevin asked for a six-man tag where he would team with his sons against Hayes and two partners of his choosing. Hayes claimed that before he came to Texas, nobody had ever heard of the Sportatorium or the Von Erichs.

Gordy's son retired?

Wikipedia has him as a police officer in Atlanta.

This is worth mentioning outside of the Lucha folder but that AAA PPV is the early leader for worst show of the year.

worse than the one that was held 3 days late because the first time it got rained out and the second time because they couldn't rent the building on a holiday?

This is worth mentioning outside of the Lucha folder but that AAA PPV is the early leader for worst show of the year.

worse than the one that was held 3 days late because the first time it got rained out and the second time because they couldn't rent the building on a holiday?

Yes.