DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

I just picture Vince as King Roland from Spaceballs as the wedding starts and he started on the wrong foot.

"Mr. McMahon we found a much better name for Paige's group...

ITS TOO LATE...KEEP GOING...KEEP GOING"

As for the problem with heels in wrestling today, it absolutley is the NWO's fault. A whole generation grew up with wanting to be the cool heel. They want to be the guy who throws Rey Mysterio like a lawn dart and be able to cool with all the dudes at the same time. I mean there probably isnt a guy out there today (at least in America) who is really willing to be such a horrible person that he gets real hate from a crowd.

EC3 does pretty good, but I doubt he would want to ramp it up to the point where is causes some drunk guy to try and stab him on the way to the ring.

Eva Marie being Pro-Diva in the mist of a Women who wrestle world would be pretty damn amazing. I have no faith the WWE could pull that off though.

• Like 2

Last night I had a dream that the former Submission Sorority was renamed the "Fierce Submission Warriors", which Michael Cole kept shortening to FSW. The board basically exploded. 

Also I think this dream makes it pretty clear I spend entirely too much time here. 

• Like 1

The Horsemen and later Randy Savage were cool heels way before the NWO. I mean, speaking strictly for myself, if you were a WWF kid who randomly turned on Nitro one night, the NWO were babyfaces

Didn't Buddy Rogers invent the cool heel gimmick? I mean he wasn't considered a cool heel in that time period, but wasn't the character a cocky rich guy who could talk the talk and then walk the walk and didn't mind telling the fans as such? I have seen very scant amounts of footage of the man, but from what I have, it seemed like he was driving a Ferrari while everyone else was in a Model-T.

The Horsemen and later Randy Savage were cool heels way before the NWO. I mean, speaking strictly for myself, if you were a WWF kid who randomly turned on Nitro one night, the NWO were babyfaces

Didn't Buddy Rogers invent the cool heel gimmick? I mean he wasn't considered a cool heel in that time period, but wasn't the character a cocky rich guy who could talk the talk and then walk the walk and didn't mind telling the fans as such? I have seen very scant amounts of footage of the man, but from what I have, it seemed like he was driving a Ferrari while everyone else was in a Model-T.

In the limited footage of Buddy Rogers that we have, you don't really see him doing anything that would make people cheer him at all. The idea of a cool heel is not having a cool gimmick, it's wrestling and acting in such a way that makes fans want to do things other than boo you. Kevin Steen on the indies was a cool heel, because he would say clever things, or do cool moves, or wink at the audience. Kevin Owens (for the most part) has not been a cool heel because he has backed off from confrontation and stalled repeatedly, while being a general dick. Some people still cheer him, but that can't be helped. 

• Like 1

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announced today that, despite having already expanded SummerSlam to four hours, the the event has now been allotted another extra hour to allow sufficient time for The Undertaker to walk to the ring.

The change was made after WWE executives became aware that distance between the locker room and the ring at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center is 20 percent longer than at typical arenas.

It was calculated that the Undertaker — who lumbers ominously to the ring at the pace of a tranquilized sea cucumber — will require at least 47 minutes to reach the ring, followed by another six minutes to magically turn on the arena lights and remove his hat.

For several years in the early 2000s, WWE bosses forced The Undertaker to ride a motorcycle to the ring to avoid wasted time, but that changed when the so-called Phenom lost his license for riding without a helmet.

Rather than remove any undercard matches from SummerSlam — all the matches, especially Ryback vs. The Miz vs. The Big Show, are considered essential viewing — WWE execs decreed that SummerSlam will be the longest event in WWE history (even though a typical 30-minute episode of Total Divas feels longer).

According to backstage sources, the executives are considering adding a sixth hour to accommodate the requisite number of times commentator Michael Cole must plug the WWE App.

:lol:

That's, like, just your opinion, man.

Did I do that right? I've never seen the movie or smoked that sticky-icky.

And if fans are going to attack Reigns, he's lucky they're doing it while he's in the ring and not while he's coming down the stairs.

Apparently at tonight's house show in Victoria, BC a fan drilled Roman in the head with a replica MITB briefcase. This after someone there assaulted Jericho after a show a few years ago.

Luckily for Roman, he's Samoan. You can't hurt those guys by hitting them in the head.

• Like 3

That's, like, just your opinion, man.

Did I do that right? I've never seen the movie or smoked that sticky-icky.

And if fans are going to attack Reigns, he's lucky they're doing it while he's in the ring and not while he's coming down the stairs.

Log off, proceed directly to Netflix, do not pass Go, watch 'The Big Lebowski'.  Repeat, if necessary.

• Like 5

Victoria is my hometown and I can attest to the hippies and old folks but it also gets it's fair share of dickheads moving there to go to university. I saw more drunken altercations there than anywhere else I've lived.

I've seen a few look like they were debating whether to push him down those stairs.  All because they don't like a wrestler.  Just ridiculous.