DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 PHOTO THREAD!

DEAN

Who is this ref from Piper/Hart at Mania? I can't remember him ever being referred to by name, or if he reffed any other notable matches at all.

2ilfrpk.jpg

Roger Ruffen. He spent many years wrestling in different areas, and refereeing for the WWF. He runs a promotion in Cincinnati called the NWF and has a training school. He's one of the few trainers around here that will give you proper training and had credibility. I know there aren't a lot of Abyss fans here, but he trained him, Wildcat Chris Harris, Karl Anderson, and former diva Jillian. Real solid guy and did a lot for me during the time I worked for him.

Another notable place he was seen on TV.....when Savage got bit by the cobra, he was the ref that held Savage's leg when he was trying to get in the ring.

• Like 4

1600.jpg?w=1920&q=85&auto=format&sharp=1

Kushti is the traditional form of Indian wrestling. Wearing only a well-adjusted loincloth (langot), wrestlers (pelwhans) enter a pit made of clay, often mixed with salt, lemon and ghee (clarified butter). At the end of a workout, wrestlers rest against the walls of the arena, covering their heads and bodies with earth to soak up any perspiration and avoid catching cold. This relaxation ceremony is completed with massages to soothe tired muscles and demonstrate mutual respect
Photograph: Alain Schroeder

• Like 1

Did Hawaii have a rep for short matches? Otherwise I would think that card could have been 6 hours long, not that there is anything wrong with that, but the burnout would have been huge. . . .

Well, looking at the results, Inoki-Brody didn't even go 10 minutes and that was one of the featured matches, so...

• Like 1