DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Wow. Optimisim is still rising. even if you think Brady is guilty at this point, you have to wonder if this was handled fairly. But if I had to put a percentage down on Brady playing week 1? I'd say 80%. I've seen analysis by sports lawyers that puts it higher, but I'll take those odds.

sports.yahoo.com/news/deflate-gate-judge-hammers-nfl-s-case-against-tom-brady---your-honor-is-spot-on---defense-crows--192153861.html

Think that's bad?  Jed York is 35.  THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OLD.  California will have fallen into the Pacific before he passes.

49er fans are about to go full lemming.***

***Lemmings don't actually commit suicide by jumping off cliffs.  Some move when their homes become overpopulated and in crossing bodies of water, many accidently drown.  Either way, the point stands.

Eh, I'm old enough to remember more than half the super bowls.  I've always got Living In The Past as an option (which I've pretty much been doing since 2003 anyway)

My memories and Dolfan's animal .gifs, I can make do with that.

That's just depressing and something you may see a lot of from this generation's athletes as the year's go by. It's not like he's the first. This isn't discounting older generations as being less likely, they just played against smaller guys and may have not have been clobbered quite as badly or it's just not publicized when they have done shit like this.

Mercedez-Benz Stadium will be the name of the @NewATLStadium@MBUSA deal with new stadium will be for 27 years.

CNLkcDcXAAAIjf3.jpg

I know I'm an immature child, but naming a stadium that looks like a giant butthole with a name that can easily be turned into Mercedez-Bendz Over Stadium doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

• Like 3

Cris Carter, scumbag, to NFL rookies:

Get a fall guy for when you break the law.

I'm not saying that is good advice...but it ain't bad advice.  If you are the type of person who is going to be running around breaking the law all willy nilly, a fall guy is probably something that would come in handy.  The fact that the message isn't "don't break the law," the message is "when you break the law, let someone else take the heat," is probably why so many of these dudes get arrested.  The symposium is advocating a life of crime.

Mercedez-Benz Stadium will be the name of the @NewATLStadium@MBUSA deal with new stadium will be for 27 years.

CNLkcDcXAAAIjf3.jpg

I know I'm an immature child, but naming a stadium that looks like a giant butthole with a name that can easily be turned into Mercedez-Bendz Over Stadium doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

Besides we know they will be itching for a new stadium after 15 years anyway. . . .Arthur Blank is a huge asshole, so the stadium fits. . .

• Like 1

What Carter said wasn't wrong, but it was really dumb to say in that context.  Either dumber for the NFL to have that on their webpage--especially since Warren Sapp is also featured in the video and they fired him for fighting with a hooker, for crying out loud.

Next year at the symposium..."When fighting with a hooker, have a pimp on your payroll.  They are professional hooker fighters, and are willing to do any and all time that comes with fighting with hookers.  It is a mutually beneficial relationship, you have access to hookers, and he gets to say his pimp hand is strong.  You get all the hookers you want, and he gets to enhance his workplace reputation.  Why would you be out here fighting your own hookers?"

• Like 1

The fucked up part about the Carter thing is that he said it at the symposium LAST YEAR, and the video had been up since. But no one watches that shit and noticed it until Chris Borland mentioned the line in an ESPN article, and someone dug up the video. So all of the apologies are an even bigger load of shit since it's been out there for over a year.

• Like 1

Um correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the saints play in Mercedez Benz Stadium as well.  I mean I know they are rich but two football teams rich

In the land of complete stupidity the Skins have 2 great RG3 conspiracy theories right now

1.  Concussion Gate -  as of right now the Best QB in the NFL is planning to start against the Ravens which is saying something given he had a concussion ( ;)  ;) ) on Thursday.  Quite a few believe that this is complete bullshit and was just an excuse to avoid talking to the media after the game.  

2.  Sabotage Gate - apparently a number of people (including a NFL coach) thinks that the Best QB in the NFL is being put out on the field and getting killed by Gruden as either punishment  becuase he hates RG3 or as a huge fuck you to the owner because he is the one making the decision.   While it is clear that he needs tons of practice since he really sucks; if you have a starting QB decision decided in February then why not protect him until week 1.   One of the jokes on the radio was that they should rest RG3 for the rest of 2015 and 2016 in order to give the GM a chance to draft a bunch of offensive lineman   :lol:

Lions' safety Glover Quin says the preseason isn't to blame for Jordy Nelson getting hurt....God is.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," said Quin, a devoted Christian. "So if he wouldn't have got hurt today, if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day.

"If God means for you to get a concussion, you'll get a concussion, so why bother wearing helmets?"

Um correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the saints play in Mercedez Benz Stadium as well.  I mean I know they are rich but two football teams rich

In the land of complete stupidity the Skins have 2 great RG3 conspiracy theories right now

1.  Concussion Gate -  as of right now the Best QB in the NFL is planning to start against the Ravens which is saying something given he had a concussion ( ;)  ;) ) on Thursday.  Quite a few believe that this is complete bullshit and was just an excuse to avoid talking to the media after the game.  

2.  Sabotage Gate - apparently a number of people (including a NFL coach) thinks that the Best QB in the NFL is being put out on the field and getting killed by Gruden as either punishment  becuase he hates RG3 or as a huge fuck you to the owner because he is the one making the decision.   While it is clear that he needs tons of practice since he really sucks; if you have a starting QB decision decided in February then why not protect him until week 1.   One of the jokes on the radio was that they should rest RG3 for the rest of 2015 and 2016 in order to give the GM a chance to draft a bunch of offensive lineman   :lol:e

On Friday morning I was talking to my coworker, who is a diehard fan of the Washington football team, and he asked me if I thought whether or not I thought they were trying to get RGIII hurt.  I told him I don't think anyone would do that, but if someone was trying to get their starting quarterback hurt it would look a lot like what happened on Thursday night.  Last night when I went to my friend's house to watch Summerslam, I was talking to my friend, who is also a diehard, and he seemed to think something was fishy with the pass protection when RGIII was in the game.  Neither of these guys are big RGIII fans, but they both independently thought that Jay Gruden trying to injure RGIII was well within reason.  That says absolutely everything you need to know about how crazy the RGIII era has become.  Everything around him is insane, no matter what happens there is going to be a large contingent of people who are going to find some sort of ulterior motive behind it. 

Maybe Jay Gruden's an idiot, RGIII isn't any good, Dan Snyder's a prick and they have no offensive line? Oh right, uh, and Albert Haynesworth is secretly his Left Tackle, gotta throw in some conspiracy. Paid off by Reebok.

Also, Glover Quin's a fucking moron.