DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

So am I the only one thinking the NFL was more then willing to have the Brady shit take headlines instead of what was going last year?

Also, as much as people want to point the finger at Brady, let's be real here, the NFL is a bigger source of evil then any one of it's non murderer players. I don't like Tom Brady, buy anything that makes this corrupt piece of shit league were I am starting to think the majority of the owners are evil.

No. I have said it repeatedly in this thread. :)

Deflategate > concussions, domestic abuse, hyperviolence, gun crime, ...

Here's hoping Irsay gives me a second chance at a Macho Man impression of my own this season.

Just worry about that impending tire fire you call your favorite team hits that tumbleweed of a home turf, buddy. <_<  ;) 

And that gif shows the love of football pouring from Andrew.  It runneths over!  Thank you, based quarterback! :wub:

Per PFT

The Browns announced Monday afternoon that offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely after a weekend incident “involving allegations that we take very seriously,” per a team statement.

The entire statement, which was attributed to a team spokesman and not one specific person, read: “Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely by the team effective immediately. Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously. We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time.”

Moeller is in his second year with the Browns after holding the same position with the Ravens for six seasons. He was found guilty of DUI in 2011 after his third alcohol-related arrest in four years.

The Browns list veteran coach George DeLeone as an assistant offensive line coach, but the team statement did not mention how the team plans to handle Moeller’s duties.

Zoidberg would replace his bones with fluid filled bladders. Zoidberg's only an expert on aliens, not humans, so this could go about as well as current protocols.

See how they're trying to expand the NFL fandom in the UK, so they can eventually have a London team? The only NFL games on Free-to-air TV in Great Britain this season will be the Wembley ones, and the Superbowl. Everything else (full live games, but also highlights and round-ups) will be exclsuively on Sky Sports 3, which is like £40 a month (you can't have SS3 unless you already have SS1 & SS2).

For the last few years, they've had the Sunday night games (and a weekly round up highlights show) on Channel 4, and Monday night has bounced around Channel 4, BBC red button, ESPN-UK, Eurosport 2... but now everything's on a pay to view, subscription-only basis. So there goes your fan base... wouldn't be surprised if next years's Wembley games are in front of an half-empty stadium.

So glad you can still hit the print button on ESPN articles and it takes you to a version where you don't have to deal with their awful website design.

Such a fantastic article to start my week.

Wow...Just when you think it can't get any worse (or better, depending on your perspective) for the Patriots and Goodell, comes that report.

I have long said that Goodell will be commish for as long as he wants to be, but now I'm not so sure. What's worse is what do you do about the Patriots? You can't give an NFL team the "death penalty," so what do you do when a team cheated that badly? I mean, goddamn, they cheated like crazy.

They'll just ignore it like the NFL always does until they can't anymore and will end up blaming it all on people no longer employed by either the league or the team and Goodell will mysteriously step down and be replaced by a guy just like him. Probably his car driver, since that's how Goodell got in good to start, sycophant from the beginning.

Mike Martz, who was the coach of the Rams for Super Bowl XXXVI, claimed that the NFL edited his statement about the Patriots being accused of taping their walkthrough.  Goodell asked him to provide a statement saying he was satisfied with the investigation.  He provided it, but ESPN later showed the statement to Martz when interviewing him about the scandal and he didn't recognize parts of it.  Martz said, "It shaocked me.  It appears embellished quite a bit -- some lines I know I didn't write.  Who changed it? I don't know."  The NFL literally just makes shit up.  Why does anyone believe anything these people say?

So here's the thing.....none of this matters. If rampant domestic violence and things of that ilk didn't cause any dip in popularity, this surely won't. Shit, this will probably lead to record high regular season ratings. People love tuning in to see if the heels will get their comeuppance. Goodell won't lose his job for this. He won't even have a press conference addressing it! 

• Like 1

The whole "Goodell orders the Spygate tapes stomped into oblivion" thing conjures up some pretty hilarious mental images. Oliver Stone really needs to get to work on an "Any Given Sunday" sequel but focusing on the comical schemes of a corrupt bumbling commissioner trying desperately to reign in a league full of cheats and criminals. Think "Wolf of Wall Street" but crossed with AGS.

Hell, Leo would make a pretty awesome Goodell.

Wow. Amazing the lengths that the NFL and ESPN will go to protect their chummy relationship.

No new facts, just repeating stuff already known (anyone remember that there was no rule against this until 2007?, and/or the fact it's still legal to tape opposing coach signals, just not in the location the Pats were doing so), and hoping that under this level of horseshit, there's actually a pony there.