DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 PHOTO THREAD

Cody still portraying Stardust is fucking ridiculous. Imagine Chavo continuing as Kerwin White after Eddie died. I hate it when deaths are used in wrestling angles, but right now Cody would be the most sympathetic face on the roster. How could you not get behind Cody trying to carry on the Rhodes legacy? Then, perhaps we can get Cody and Dustin teaming again.

• Like 1

It is his choice. He tweeted about how he won't exploit the worst thing to happen in his life for his character.

I think it's really just as simple as Cody likes being Stardust, period.

Barring harm, there is really no wrong answer as far as how coping is handled by each individual.

Cody still portraying Stardust is fucking ridiculous. Imagine Chavo continuing as Kerwin White after Eddie died. I hate it when deaths are used in wrestling angles, but right now Cody would be the most sympathetic face on the roster. How could you not get behind Cody trying to carry on the Rhodes legacy? Then, perhaps we can get Cody and Dustin teaming again.

As good as that sounds in the short term, it doesn't work in the long term. I'd argue that Chavo's career was marred by his use of Eddie's legacy. People started seeing him as an extension of Eddie and not as "Chavo Guerrero."

As good as that sounds in the short term, it doesn't work in the long term. I'd argue that Chavo's career was marred by his use of Eddie's legacy. People started seeing him as an extension of Eddie and not as "Chavo Guerrero."

...not that seeing him as Kerwin White was gonna turn out any better.

...not that seeing him as Kerwin White was gonna turn out any better.

Oh for sure. Kerwin White was a disaster and he needed out of that gimmick ASAP.  I'm just saying that becoming Eddie Lite didn't do much for his career. 

Chavo's real problem is that he's Chavo, and the only time he's ever been interesting in his entire career is when he was leeching off Eddie. Before Eddie died. Turning into Eddie lite didn't work without Eddie to play off of.

• Like 4