DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Does anyone actually own the rights to Southeastern/Continental footage from the 80s? I am beginning to wonder if Destination America might be up for throwing VHS tapes of that on their channel as part of their "stick it to TNA" campaign.

If this is part of a wider angle to get The Studd Stable back on television, I'm sure Ben would be all over it in a hot minute.

• Like 2

Does anyone actually own the rights to Southeastern/Continental footage from the 80s? I am beginning to wonder if Destination America might be up for throwing VHS tapes of that on their channel as part of their "stick it to TNA" campaign.

They could be the new America One which used to air NWA Nashville, USWA, NWA Wildside and XPW on Saturday.  I remember e-mailing Wildside that they were surprised as hell that someone in Canada was watching and asking about AJ Styles theme song.

• Like 1

So does this mean JR's gotta find something new to bitch about, or does he just double down on his ten punches in the corner rant?

Please we will be hearing the 'THE GUYS WORK TOO FAST' and 'NOBODY IS SELLING' argument on Ring of Honor decades after they are out of business.   They could do an entire show in slow motion and he would complain 

So does this mean JR's gotta find something new to bitch about, or does he just double down on his ten punches in the corner rant?

Please we will be hearing the 'THE GUYS WORK TOO FAST' and 'NOBODY IS SELLING' argument on Ring of Honor decades after they are out of business.   They could do an entire show in slow motion and he would complain 

If they did a show in slow motion I'd actually watch ROH

• Like 1

Seriously, having the authority feud with Cena and debuting their own version to prove he is a product of WWE Marketing would be tremendous. You wouldn't even have to break-up the PTPs or change Darren Young's name, just repackage him as Cena from music, attire, moves, and some merch. Have him do everything identically to Cena, but with the added bonus of Titus barking in the corner.

It'd be easy, entertaining, and could given Cena some depth and something to do for a few months without having to worry about burring anyone. So of course they'd never do it.

• Like 1

Seriously, having the authority feud with Cena and debuting their own version to prove he is a product of WWE Marketing would be tremendous. You wouldn't even have to break-up the PTPs or change Darren Young's name, just repackage him as Cena from music, attire, moves, and some merch. Have him do everything identically to Cena, but with the added bonus of Titus barking in the corner.

It'd be easy, entertaining, and could given Cena some depth and something to do for a few months without having to worry about burring anyone. So of course they'd never do it.

I still kind of regret we didn't get Authority-Bryan (Sami) and Authority-Punk (Graves) a few years ago.

I still want senile Vince's hobo army - led by CM Pinkeye and Daniel Flean (pronounced Flee-an, but usually just called by his nickname, D-Flea).

Images of Hornswoggle giving his best Villacheze to shouts of "D-Flea!  D-Flea, boss!"

I still want senile Vince's hobo army - led by CM Pinkeye and Daniel Flean (pronounced Flee-an, but usually just called by his nickname, D-Flea).

CM Pinkeye is the perfect name for Hoodslam.  Surprised they haven't tried that yet.