DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

I do not want to see Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins. I don't see how the dude who has been booked to squash John Cena & end Undertaker's streak can have a singles match with Rollins that doesn't have him completely demolishing Seth.

It just wouldn't work unless the match ends up being like Brock Lesnar vs. J&J Security, Big Show, Z-Gangsta, The Ultimate Solution, Kane & Seth Rollins in a Doomsday Cage match.

and somehow Ric Flair still ends up in a dress and dragged around all 4 corners in a strap match that didn't start as a strap match.

FIFY

Hogan has said in a recent interview that he has been training for a match at Wrestlemania 32. I dont know how they will be able to keep the Axelmania or Macho gimmicks going for another ten months but I wouldnt mind seeing a 5 minute match between Hogan and Axelmania or Hogan and Mandow at WM32.

Hogan and The Genius vs. Axelmania and Macho Mando

Anyone been to a CHIKARA show care to explain the difference between VIP tickets and general admission. It's a $20 price difference which seems like a lot for such a small venue.

I don't know which show in particular you are referring to, but sometimes the VIP tickets get you entry in to the fan conclave thing prior to the show. You can autographs and pictures and whatever else.

Anyone been to a CHIKARA show care to explain the difference between VIP tickets and general admission. It's a $20 price difference which seems like a lot for such a small venue.

I don't know which show in particular you are referring to, but sometimes the VIP tickets get you entry in to the fan conclave thing prior to the show. You can autographs and pictures and whatever else.

Either the one in CT or the one in Providence.

So I just watched the "First Look" of the Daniel Bryan documentary on the Network and I have a feeling this is going to have the same naked honesty that I hear the book had.  Bryan has no problem telling people how he feels about things like the Michael Cole commentary at NXT to how he actually got the match at WM

They really should change the title of the DVD: "Daniel Bryan:  how to fuck up a career and still get over" because even the promotional video is frustrating in how stupid he was booked.

Eric Caiden of Hollywood Book & Poster died last week. He was an extremely important figure in thee hidden history of wrestling, bridging (the previously large gap in days gone by) between fandom and the business. His enthusiasm for wrestling and his business sense made him a de facto player, dealing in memorabilia, booking and promoting. In the pre-InterWeb world, you could call the store and speak to Eric to get booking info on almost any worker, find the whereabouts of old vets, learn what luchadors were appearing in the US or get the info on any new dirtsheets, fan clubs or wrestler movie cameos coming out. He set up appearances for wrestlers at cons, in movies or on records. I lament that I will never get to hear all his stories.

- R.I.P.,

RAF

• Like 2

Eric Caiden of Hollywood Book & Poster died last week. He was an extremely important figure in thee hidden history of wrestling, bridging (the previously large gap in days gone by) between fandom and the business. His enthusiasm for wrestling and his business sense made him a de facto player, dealing in memorabilia, booking and promoting. In the pre-InterWeb world, you could call the store and speak to Eric to get booking info on almost any worker, find the whereabouts of old vets, learn what luchadors were appearing in the US or get the info on any new dirtsheets, fan clubs or wrestler movie cameos coming out. He set up appearances for wrestlers at cons, in movies or on records. I lament that I will never get to hear all his stories.

- R.I.P.,

RAF

I think i mentioned it last week, but the two i got to go to TJ to see Lucha, it was with Eric while at Comicon. One time, there were maybe 8 of us and noone spoke Spanish. The closest we had were two guys from Italy. :)

June shows in the St. Louis area:

-Friday 6/5:  Ring Of Honor in Collinsville, IL
-Saturday 6/13:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Friday 6/19:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Glen Carbon, IL
-Saturday 6/20:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL
-Friday 6/26:  World League Wrestling in Troy, MO
-Saturday 6/27:  World Powerhouse Wrestling in Hartford, IL
-Sunday 6/28:  High Risk Wrestling in Cahokia, IL

Isn't that documentary just the Road to WrestleMania thing that was on the Network last year? With like, 10-15 minutes of extra footage?

Nope, new interviews.  They even showed Bryan's first WWE dark tag match as masked American Dragon w/ Shooter Schultz vs. Kendrick and Cade.

I went to a bbq at my cousin's new house this weekend.  I walked back to my car midway through and saw his neighbor walking her dog, so I stopped to say hi.  She kind of had this "huh?" look on her face and took a step or two back when I started to approach her so I stopped.  I thought at first it was just because I was somebody she didn't recognize.  However, when I went back to the bbq and told my cousin about it he said, "Yeah, thanks for wearing that "I'm A Hugger" shirt."  

My cousin's neighbors now think he's a weirdo.

• Like 4

I went to a bbq at my cousin's new house this weekend.  I walked back to my car midway through and saw his neighbor walking her dog, so I stopped to say hi.  She kind of had this "huh?" look on her face and took a step or two back when I started to approach her so I stopped.  I thought at first it was just because I was somebody she didn't recognize.  However, when I went back to the bbq and told my cousin about it he said, "Yeah, thanks for wearing that "I'm A Hugger" shirt."  

My cousin's neighbors now think he's a weirdo.

Why him?

I didn't know if I should ask this here or in the video game section but was there ever a follow-up game to King of Colosseum II? I wasn't a huge fan of the Fire Pro series but I did love King of Colosseum. 

I didn't know if I should ask this here or in the video game section but was there ever a follow-up game to King of Colosseum II? I wasn't a huge fan of the Fire Pro series but I did love King of Colosseum. 

Not that I know of...which is unfortunate.  I don;t even know if there has been a next Gen Japanese Wrestling game.