DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

I badly want a douchebag heel stable of Jericho (Delusional Rock Star), Ziggler (Delusional Comedian), Miz (Delusional Movie Star) and Ziggler (Delusional Hanger-On-er). 

So what you are trying to tell us is that you think Ziggler is REALLY delusional, then?

He meant Ryder. 

ECW fans at house shows are awful and I'm the biggest ECW fan around here.

It's really not a fair comparison. ECW for better or (largely) worse provided the blueprint for the Attitude Era and produced numerous high end stars, all in, what, six years? Meanwhile TNA has been around twice as long and made what Impact? Zip. Nothing will be missed when they fold, because they never once did anything. Ever.

I feel bad for the talent, though. I see WWE taking Jeff back and perhaps Lashley and literally nobody else. Maybe NXT takes Roode. Maybe.

• Like 1

Speaking of Dustin, as well as that company that IS TOTES NOT DYING SO DON'T YOU BELIEVE FOR A MOMENT THAT IT IS, did he have any watchable matches as Black Reign?

I remember one of the hardcore matches with Abyss being all right. He bled a ton (but with his black face paint it was a little hard to tell). I thought the Black Reign backstage segments were pretty funny. Half of them he was in this workshop and the other half he was Dustin being all "there's this really scary guy...". The worst thing about that time for him aside being so wacked out on drugs is how horrible of shape he was in. He looked so fat and bloated and being in a giant vinyl suit probably had to suck.

It's really not a fair comparison. ECW for better or (largely) worse provided the blueprint for the Attitude Era and produced numerous high end stars, all in, what, six years? Meanwhile TNA has been around twice as long and made what Impact? Zip. Nothing will be missed when they fold, because they never once did anything. Ever.

I feel bad for the talent, though. I see WWE taking Jeff back and perhaps Lashley and literally nobody else. Maybe NXT takes Roode. Maybe.

I'd like to see Austin Aries and Spud get a shot. 

At one point this week, TNA was planning to film an interview with Josh Mathews talking to Dixie Carter about the reports of Destination America dropping all TNA programming. For some reason they nixed that idea and went with the statement that was issued denying the reports.

Needless to say, TNA officials have been furious at the reports and are denying that Destination America has told them anything about getting dropped. There was especially anger over the reports because Destination America reportedly had two representatives at TNA headquarters in Nashville this past week to work on plans with John Gaburick, Billy Corgan and the other creative workers. The plans that they were working on will carry the company through the rest of this year and to early 2016.

In regards to rumors going around that Dixie accidentally copied a Destination America executive on an e-mail complaining about the network, we can't verify those rumors yet but PWInsider notes that the story has been passed around by TNA wrestlers for well over a week now and no one in TNA, when asked, has outright denied that it happened but they also won't confirm it happened. One source did note that relations between TNA and the network became obviously strained at some point.

TNA announcer Josh Mathews took issue with WWE "hypocrisy" following Samoa Joe's debut on NXT. He wrote:

How did the @WWENXT announcers know who @SamoaJoe was if we are #obscurity in their world? Sick of hypocrisy.

— Josh Mathews (@realjoshmathews) May 22, 2015

They watched him in NOAH, same place they saw KENTA? Or they watched him in PWG where he wrestled CM Punk and Steen, or ROH, same place they saw <seriously, insert a freakin' name here>.

Samoa Joe was a name to the sort of fans who make up the NXT crowd before TNA was a glimmer of carnydom in Jeff Jarrett's beady little eye. Hell, I saw him live twice before the first episode of Tough Enough aired.

• Like 2

At one point this week, TNA was planning to film an interview with Josh Mathews talking to Dixie Carter about the reports of Destination America dropping all TNA programming. For some reason they nixed that idea and went with the statement that was issued denying the reports.

Needless to say, TNA officials have been furious at the reports and are denying that Destination America has told them anything about getting dropped. There was especially anger over the reports because Destination America reportedly had two representatives at TNA headquarters in Nashville this past week to work on plans with John Gaburick, Billy Corgan and the other creative workers. The plans that they were working on will carry the company through the rest of this year and to early 2016.

In regards to rumors going around that Dixie accidentally copied a Destination America executive on an e-mail complaining about the network, we can't verify those rumors yet but PWInsider notes that the story has been passed around by TNA wrestlers for well over a week now and no one in TNA, when asked, has outright denied that it happened but they also won't confirm it happened. One source did note that relations between TNA and the network became obviously strained at some point.

Does anyone in TNA know how to use email? Their inability to do so looks to be costing them a 2nd TV deal!

• Like 1

TNA announcer Josh Mathews took issue with WWE "hypocrisy" following Samoa Joe's debut on NXT. He wrote:

How did the @WWENXT announcers know who @SamoaJoe was if we are #obscurity in their world? Sick of hypocrisy.

— Josh Mathews (@realjoshmathews) May 22, 2015

Hmmm....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG5ONc6aWac

• Like 2

I'd like to see Austin Aries and Spud get a shot. 

I'd love to see a Special K reunion in ROH.  If Aries had tried to go to WWE would he have done much of anything or ended up similar to Matt Sydal?  I could see him doing some good stuff in NXT.

Black Reign Dustin was seriously the worst Dustin to watch.

I saw a TNA house show (that nascar guy was promoting the show under another promotion name, but it was basically a TNA house show) in 07/08 and Dustin worked Scott Steiner and was just using his real name at the time.  He looked terrible and was probably close to 300 pounds, both guys were moving sluggishly as hell.  Amazing how much he's turned himself around since then.