DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Here's the soundtrack for Suicide Squad

1. "Purple Lamborghini – Skrillex & Rick Ross

2. "Sucker for Pain – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors)

3. "Heathens" – Twenty One Pilots

4. "Standing in the Rain" – Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of the Black Keys) (feat. Mark Ronson)

5. "Gangsta" – Kehlani

6. "Know Better" – Kevin Gates

7. "You Don’t Own Me" – Grace (feat. G-Eazy)

8. "Without Me" – Eminem

9. "Wreak Havoc" – Skylar Grey

10. "Medieval Warfare" – Grimes

11. "Bohemian Rhapsody" – Panic! At the Disco

12. "Slippin’ into Darkness" – War

13. "Fortunate Son" – Creedence Clearwater Revival

14. "I Started a Joke" – ConfidentialMX (feat. Becky Hanson)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Here's the soundtrack for Suicide Squad

11. "Bohemian Rhapsody" – Panic! At the Disco

How dare they? Arseholes.

• Like 1

I read that article and it just felt so desperate to me, like the producers locked the writers in a  room and made them watch Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool on a loop for a week.  "GODDAMMIT MAKE IT FUNNY." 

When we see Batman cruising the city in the Batmobile listening to the 70s pop compilation that Martha Wayne left for him, we'll know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I read that article and it just felt so desperate to me, like the producers locked the writers in a  room and made them watch Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool on a loop for a week.  "GODDAMMIT MAKE IT FUNNY." 

When we see Batman cruising the city in the Batmobile listening to the 70s pop compilation that Martha Wayne left for him, we'll know.

I cannot blame them for not understanding what people want.

They complain when there isn't comedy, they complain when there is.

People were saying it's too dark and I've seen posts today saying dark isn't the problem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

12. "Slippin’ into Darkness" – War

FUCK YEAH~!

That shit has to be playing during a scene with Deadshot / Will Smith in it.

DC is damned if they do and damned if they don't, these bloggers don't know what they want.  If they go too dark, people cry. If they go with lightheartedness,  then they are ripping off the MCU even though back in the day Marvel ripped off a lot of what DC was doing.

• Like 2

Yeah, there are great dark comic movies and lousy ones.  There are great lighter superhero movies and lousy ones.  To me, the problem isn't the tone necessarily (though you'd think Superman wouldn't be a great choice for grimdark emo brooding, but hey, maybe it could be done well). 

The problem is that Zach Snyder has made two movies that are pretty bad.  For BvS especially, a darker tone was a perfectly fine choice.  But there are a million other choices that sucked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe they should try making a good movie again. That might help.

What if they just make a generic popcorn movie where each character introduced is a replication of the next? Then we don't have to worry about whether they "got it right" because they will all be clones.

Those set visits sound like pure damage control.  "We fucked up!  We're sorry!  We're going to make it more like Avengers, please don't hate us anymore!  See!  We got jokes!  We got humor!  We got levity!  We got playful banter!"

Also, the characterization for Barry Allen sounds awful.  If they wanted him to be like Wally West, why not just make the character Wally West?  It basically reads like the DCEU version of Iron Man meeting Spider-Man in Civil War.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ligerbusa said:

So is Marvel bad now?

At least Bruce Wayne has actual footage of Barry Allen as the Flash, rather then just showing up unannounced and knowing his secret identity because.

"I know a guy" *pulls out cell phone*

If CW doesn't win an award for best screenplay, I'm done with the academy.

• Like 1

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Mike Zeidler said:

Snyder sounds like a kid that's been forced to apologize for something he believes is right.  It's just sad.

And Whedon is the kid that's been telling the same jokes since he was 13 and never changed up.

It's no surprise Civil War is the best "Avengers" film if we call it 2.5 

Too bad Feige still had to edit the script with crayon. The scene between Black Widow and Hawkeye was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.