DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I can't see Cyborg without thinking about Cyborg in Teen Titans Go. 

Justice League looks pretty uninspired, but I'm hyped for Wonder Woman. Her theme music is so fucking great. Only reason why I rewatched BvS. 

Agree with you about Teen Titans Go and Wonder Woman,

See how in the Justice League trailer, they have Aquaman being all "Fuck you, what's in it for me, where were you when my people needed help?" and truculent and reluctant to join with the other heroes? Is he like that in the comics, has he been at any point? Did they give him an edgy makeover? I thought he was just a typical DC goody two shoes guy, only with lesser powers.

You know who does have the angry arrogant attitude in the comics? Namor. Started as a villain, sort of switched to a tweener, only helps the surface world's heroes when it's in the Atlantean's interest, but he's basically out for himself. Like what Momoa's doing there.

He was cast as Drax the Destroyer, turned it down, but agreed to play Aquaman. Get him a better agent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

He was cast as Drax the Destroyer, turned it down, but agreed to play Aquaman. Get him a better agent.

He's apart of the Justice League and getting his own James Wan directed solo movie.

I'd say his agent is doing just fine.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'd say Aquaman has been varying degrees of edgy/tweener since the Peter David era when he lost his hand and dropped the orange shirt. He was sort of that way in the JLA cartoon. 

Yeah, Aquaman has had a general Fuck you, surface-dwellers attitude for the last 10 years or so.

I'm convinced there are people who will not be happy with anything DC does unless it's a super wacky remake of the Super Friends.  Jesus.  

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, Aquaman has had a general Fuck you, surface-dwellers attitude for the last 10 years or so.

I'm convinced there are people who will not be happy with anything DC does unless it's a super wacky remake of the Super Friends.  Jesus.  

Very much this. The Flash costume is pretty damn cool if you've been following the comics and the effects when he's running look great too.

There was a disclaimer that this was just some footage they've filmed, they aren't even halfway done filming. This wasn't a trailer and it was only released because it would have gotten out anyway. WB wanted to show some of what they've been up to. 

Some will hate no matter what because it's not some shit they grew up with or its not kiddie enough or whatever they've moved on to today lol.

27 minutes ago, (BP) said:

@Niners Fan in CT have you watched the extended cut of BvS? I was curious what you thought. 

No, not yet man. I held off because I bought a new tv so I'm planning on getting the One S and then buying the 4K Blu. I'll let you know though.  keep in mind I thought the theatrical version was around a 6.5/10. My biggest issues were the editing and some of the Luthor motivations

• Like 1

Lex's motivations are still nonexistent, but you don't have to put nearly as much work into understanding his plan. The editing is improved from "trainwreck" to "not very good"

It's definitely the superior cut, but everything involving Clark is still just an absolute disaster.

• Like 2

I like this version of Superman so that's definitely not one of my major issues.  He's a dude trying to understand where he fits in this world. Some worship him as a God which absolutely would happen if there was ever a guy who possessed superhuman abilities. People would worship him.  Others are very concerned and rightfully so.  I also think they've done more than enough to show that he's a hero, the montages of him saving people.   My one gripe is that he dialogue has either been pretty weak or nonexistent.  But I did read he has more to say in the extended cut so I look forward to that. I like Henry Cavill.

• Like 1