DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I am fully 50% on those designs. Love Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman to the point of being among my favourites for each in any medium. But then I hate Superman, Flash, and Cyborg.

Superman needs trunks or at least a belt to break up the middle of that costume. It's been a problem in a few recent designs and while it's not super offensive in motion, it's not great.

Flash needs the wingtips. And honestly the push toward armoured designs for him does little for me. Cyborg looks like he walked out of a teen dystopia novel. 

I guess the eventual GL will tiebreak.

Just watched Batman V Superman ultimate edition last night.  I thought it was fucking amazing.  I don't get what the hate was about.  Seriously, I would say this was better than either Avengers movie and a bunch of the other Marvel movies.  I would say it falls under Winter Soldier, GOTG, and Deadpool, but is way better than I thought it would be from everything I heard.  Then again, the was the Ultimate edition......but they probably should have let this one be released in theaters.  3 hours flew by really quickly.  All the meta human stuff was awesome and had me itching to see a Justice League movie.  I have a feeling people will look back at this way less harshly seeing it again.

• Like 1

And with your comment, Niners has taken a screenshot of it and has saved it to his computer's hard drive, his phone's memory, to Google Cloud, to Dropbox, to OneDrive, and even to a Zip drive. This will be all the ammunition he'll ever need.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Ha.  I've followed the arguing.  I honestly felt like I was watching a different movie than what was being panned here and several other places on the WWW.  I mean there were 30 extra minutes to this edition, maybe it made a big difference.  

That seems to be what a lot of folks are saying, that the additional footage cleans up some things that didn't make sense or it makes the movie flow a lot better. I'm not going to watch the Ultimate Edition myself until I get the Blu Ray.

• Like 1

I'm deeply hopeful the extended cut at least clears up the disaster that was the editing of the theatrical.

I'm significantly less hopeful that clears up the massive problem that was every single thing about Superman.

• Like 5

I mean, if you're doing a Joker with tattoos, the 'Damaged' one makes a lot of sense to me. Mocking Batman with the notion that he could redeem or rehabilitate him. Playing on the idea that his villains are broken and could be fixed...that's why you put someone in an Asylum, right? 

Given how much Joker mocks Batman for not thinking his villains are better as is, it feels like the sort of statement he would make if he was getting tattoos at all.