DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

14 hours ago, Casey said:

anyway, let's talk about a movie that some people will actually care about: WB is developing a Harley Quinn movie with Margot Robbie.

I also read that the movie will focus on the Birds of Prey and that Batgirl and Poison Ivy are heavily rumored for this, too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Casey said:

anyway, let's talk about a movie that some people will actually care about: WB is developing a Harley Quinn movie with Margot Robbie.

Not really sure how that will go with just Harley. As long as Ivy is also around as her partner in crime though I will probably check it out.

• Like 1

Hollywood Reporter saying WB exec Jon Berg and Geoff Johns are now in charge of DC Films.

Sources say that it was Squad that escalated Johns’ involvement in DC movies and that he is involved in the movie’s post-production.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

It's apparently a Gotham women ensemble. Some kind of Birds of Prey/Gotham City Sirens mashup centred around Harley apparently. Could be fun but need way more info to be sold for sure.

If its a Gotham women ensemble I really would like to see Dini write it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I never saw Man of Steel and really never had a desire to do so.

I basically know what happens

So with that being said - will I miss a bunch not having seen it when I watch Batman vs. Superman?

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I never saw Man of Steel and really never had a desire to do so.

I basically know what happens

So with that being said - will I miss a bunch not having seen it when I watch Batman vs. Superman?

Nope. There's an hour of origin story in MoS, then it's mostly fights with Zod and his crew (which they recap a little at the beginning of BvS.)

Rick Famuyiwa is now directing the cinematic version of The Flash. Considering Dope was one of my top five favorite movies of last year, I love this choice. I'm surprised he wasn't snagged for another CBM franchise.

• Like 1