DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

What, you can only say that when someone mentions DC out of the blue in the Marvel thread? Daredevil is not Superman, one is an alien and one is a blind dude that knows karate. Come on.

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

So is Cara Delavigne a terrible actress, or does Enchantress die early on? Because she doesn't appear to be in a lot of those scenes.

I kinda figure somebody gets wacked early on to demonstrate that Waller can kill them if they get out of line.

Or has been said in the past re: Enchantress...

Spoiler

She's the main villain and they're trying not to spoil it.   Though, this definitely makes it look like they're trying to go after The Joker. 

I love how tone deaf DC is.  The SS trailer is awesome, but they took "the tone for BvS is too brooding" to mean "needs more Marvel style wisecracking".  I'm not convinced that it's actually happened in SS, but this was the type of movie that was going to have a few jokes, but most importantly be a fun watch with a nice collection of very different characters.  People didn't want this stuff to be Avengers or GotG cracking wise for 2 hours, they just want it to be FUN.

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I love how tone deaf DC is.  The SS trailer is awesome, but they took "the tone for BvS is too brooding" to mean "needs more Marvel style wisecracking".  I'm not convinced that it's actually happened in SS, but this was the type of movie that was going to have a few jokes, but most importantly be a fun watch with a nice collection of very different characters.  People didn't want this stuff to be Avengers or GotG cracking wise for 2 hours, they just want it to be FUN.

I don't know, "fun" means different things to different people.  For some people "fun" is watching the last hour of Transformers: Dark of the Moon.  Actually, I agree with that. That was a lot of fun. I'm probably the biggest Fast series fan on this board. Love those movies. Some people say they're "stupid" maybe they are, but lots of fun. Batman beating the shit out of goons was fun for me. Batman actually fighting Superman was fun for me. Wonder Woman was fun.  I expected SS to have a lot of dark kind of humor with the characters they have in this.  By the looks of it they are doing The Joker in a more traditional way than what Heath was even though as we know Heath was legendary. I'm excited to see what Leto and Robbie bring to this.

Also for me Will Smith playing Will Smith will always be fun.

On 11/04/2016 at 3:13 AM, Ligerbusa said:

Another very good trailer. Joker and Harley are great. Critically I think this will be the best received DCEU film to date with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice receptions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ligerbusa said:

Kevin Tsujihara just officially announced the standalone Batman movie at CinemaCon.

2 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Also confirmed Affleck writing/directing, so that's exciting.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ayer's Suicide Squad, Jenkins' Wonder Woman, Affleck's Batman....  could have something here.

2 hours ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

As long as Snyder's name isn't attached I'm game. 

The standalone Batman movie is the announcement I wanted the most. Looking forward to this.

IMG_0465.jpeg

7 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Also confirmed Affleck writing/directing, so that's exciting.

With The Town and Argo under his belt, I am thinking maybe they should've given the chair to BvS to Affleck instead of Snyder. 

If this reboot that Affleck is going to helm turns out to be the Death In the Family prequel we've fantasy booked, I am totally stoked for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

With The Town and Argo under his belt, I am thinking maybe they should've given the chair to BvS to Affleck instead of Snyder. 

They should've given it to him after Gone Baby Gone alone.  Affleck proved in his debut movie that he's a much smarter director than Snyder could ever dream of being.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Another very good trailer. Joker and Harley are great. Critically I think this will be the best received DCEU film to date with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice receptions.

That is sorta like saying that oatmeal tastes better than mud. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jingus said:

They should've given it to him after Gone Baby Gone alone.  Affleck proved in his debut movie that he's a much smarter director than Snyder could ever dream of being.  

Didn't they try to give him Justice League?

2 hours ago, Jingus said:

Great film. Ben Affleck's 3-0 as a director. To this day still can't believe Ben didn't even get an Academy Award Best Director nomination for Argo.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

That is sorta like saying that oatmeal tastes better than mud. :)

Heh. Trying to be optimistic though the bar isn't high ; ).