DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

There's also a Captain Underpants movie coming out that weekend. I'd say at least one studio blinks and a movie gets moved. 

I like WB's approach of taking non-traditional months to release some of these pictures, but the March release didn't give BvS the legs it should have. 

We seem to have moved from conflicting reports on whether or not reshoots are happening on Suicide Squad to conflicting reports on why and what the scale is.

Also, the most interesting thing to come out this week about BvS, to me, is that Warner was reportedly shocked" by the bad reviews, and totally didn't see them coming.

The response of "we got bad reviews and a massive second weekend drop on the big tentpole! We need to make less non-tentpole movies!" seems am odd takeaway

The Flash movie was already the only thing I had real emotional investment in that was said to be coming, and it feels like the thing most likely to be fucked up since the Lord/Miller involvement signaled something way different from the rest of the stuff they're doing.

And as someone who cares way more about any and all Robins than Batman or Joker, a universe where Robin died ten years ago at Joker's hands is one where I have a phenomenally difficult time caring about Batman or the Joker.

I don't have a link for the new Suicide Squad trailer (I'm sure it'll be up soon), but it's another strong one. I don't know if any of this stuff could possibly be from the reshoots already, but it certainly has more humor. There's a definite GOTG vibe as far as the soundtrack goes too. 

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing so far. Leto looks like Marilyn Manson.

FTFY.

So is Cara Delavigne a terrible actress, or does Enchantress die early on? Because she doesn't appear to be in a lot of those scenes.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love that he specifically used the phrase "neverending"

It's almost like then Clark would have to fight a neverending battle for something something

I'm not a big Superman guy, but I've kind of wondered about that: There will 24/7/365 be fires, earthquakes, wars, robberies, the next supervillain building a lair inside a dormant volcano to house his megaweapon, etc.  How does Clark ever have time to work for the Planet or hang out with Lois?  Every second he spends doing that leads to the death of another innocent.  Have the comics talked about that?

Occasionally. Byrne addressed it in Man of Steel iirc, with Clark nearly having a nervous breakdown before Jonathan talked him down with the basic idea that even if he can't save everyone, he can save a lot of people. 

Morrison has the brilliant idea that Superman is never off the clock and every time Clark trips/stumbles/etc he's actually saving someone.

• Like 1

And I should note I don't have a problem with that idea in comics or the movie. But saying "he can't do it because it becomes neverending" kinda denies the most basic core of the character. The tagline is right there.