DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I feel like they should have Reigns lose, turn heel and chase the US title holder Cena. Then he is sure to get big pops from the crowd. Only in WWE the best way to get a guy cheered is to turn him heel and put him up against the #1 babyface. 

• Like 1

I would normally just say "NSFW", but because this is here, I'm just gonna say "IWA Mid-South". Regardless, I've never seen anything like this. Did someone hit him with a machete?

http://deadspin.com/look-at-this-wrestlers-gross-head-wound-or-dont-do-wh-1693696734?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Wow, that's pretty fucking gruesome.  I hope it was worth the pittance he got paid.

Reed is a good dude.  He's been asked about it a lot, and he clarified that the gash was a total accident.  Basically the old Sabu "toss the chair" spot, and it didn't hit flush.  Pretty gruesome, it's not like that's what they set out to do.

I would normally just say "NSFW", but because this is here, I'm just gonna say "IWA Mid-South". Regardless, I've never seen anything like this. Did someone hit him with a machete?

http://deadspin.com/look-at-this-wrestlers-gross-head-wound-or-dont-do-wh-1693696734?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Wow, that's pretty fucking gruesome.  I hope it was worth the pittance he got paid.

Reed is a good dude.  He's been asked about it a lot, and he clarified that the gash was a total accident.  Basically the old Sabu "toss the chair" spot, and it didn't hit flush.  Pretty gruesome, it's not like that's what they set out to do.

Necrobutcher almost loosing his arm a while back was a lot worse.  There was also a spot where Mean Mitch Page got hit in the face with a glass clock or something and experienced something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Marie_Johnston

Someone mentioned in one of the podcast threads (I think) about somebody apparently mistakenly mentioning a Dawn Marie as a talented female wrestler and apparently there is an earlier one than the valet we all know about and thought he meant (Bryan from the Observer show I think it was?). I was looking up Sherri Martel because of the WOTD thread and found this. 

Whoever said breaking up the Wyatt family was stupid is right on the money.The group as a whole didn't have enough time to accomplish anything and the break up boiled down to the announcers letting you know they've went their separate ways.

They need to have Joe come out as a surprise entrant for the ic match and win.Then him and the Uso's can come out for the main and cost Brock the title and beat the shit out of him post match to cement the formation of their Samoan super group with most of the belts in WWE being in their possession.

• Like 1

Necrobutcher almost loosing his arm a while back was a lot worse.  There was also a spot where Mean Mitch Page got hit in the face with a glass clock or something and experienced something similar.

Boy, was that NOT what I saw the first time.

All this fantasy booking should go into figuring out what to do with Bray Wyatt if Taker beats him. My best guess is NXT.

Yup, he'll  be dead in the water like all those other guys Undertaker beat at WM that completely killed off their characters: Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Batista, Edge, Shawn Michaels (twice!), Triple H (twice!) and CM Punk.

There's nothing wrong with losing to Undertaker at WM, it doesn't hurt anyone.  After WM, Wyatt will cut a promo about how he was the first one to really bring back the "real" Undertaker, and while he may have won the battle, Wyatt saw fear in his eyes, while the announcers will hype Wyatt taking Undertaker "to the limit".

Pretty simple fantasy booking, really.

You've got to be fucking kidding me if you think they'll actually do that. What Lawful Metal said above is exactly how they should have handled him and they didn't. Now either he wins or he's DOA. There is such a thing as losing too much when you're a character that rarely should before becoming a complete joke, especially with his gimmick. 

I don't really see it that way at all.

I think you can book it a few different ways, post WM loss and still make him strong, arguably stronger than before

-Wyatt comes out and talks about seeing the Dead Man in a new light or some such stuff.  The Ascension comes out, says they're the new dominant force in WWE.  They start to beat down Bray, Bray starts laughing, lights go out, lights come back on and Harper and Rowan are standing at his side and beat down the Ascension.  Ascension finds a new buddy (Kane? Stardust?) and the two groups have a bunch of 6-man battles.  Imagine the pop when Harper/Rowan team up with Wyatt as faces?

-Wyatt comes out and talks about seeing the Dead Man in a new light or some such stuff.  The Ascension comes out, says they're the new dominant force in WWE.  They start to back down Bray, Harper and Rowan come out to help him, but Bray turns on his old family and makes the Ascension his new henchmen.  They have some 6-man battles.

-Wyatt comes out and talks about seeing the Dead Man in a new light or some such stuff.  The Ascension comes out, says they're the new dominant force in WWE.  They start to back down Bray, Bray starts laughing, lights go out, lights come back on and The Undertaker is standing in the ring, Wyatt and Undertaker team up to beat down the Ascension, then team together at the next PPV to defeat the Ascension.  Taker's teaming with Bray is seen as an endorsement of him.

Any of those scenarios and you've got some booking set aside for Bray for the next couple months when he's realistically not going to be going for any of the major titles anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Marie_Johnston

Someone mentioned in one of the podcast threads (I think) about somebody apparently mistakenly mentioning a Dawn Marie as a talented female wrestler and apparently there is an earlier one than the valet we all know about and thought he meant (Bryan from the Observer show I think it was?). I was looking up Sherri Martel because of the WOTD thread and found this. 

Dawn Marie Mk. I worked the women's match in the first Survivor Series.