DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Why not just have Reigns win with Heyman's help, like Heyman hands Reigns brass knuckles, distracts the ref, Reigns nails a Superman Punch and then just ground and pounds Lesnar into near unconsciousness which allows him to hit the Spear and win?

Then on RAW Heyman explains that the 37 year old signed his final contract for less than what he made from this previous contract. With Brock making less money and having less opportunities to do anything other than wrestle, Brock is useless to Paul Heyman. So Paul did what was best for Paul Heyman. Become the new advocate for the Conquerer of the Beast, the Samoan Badass, and YOUR Undisputed REIGNing, WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns. And this is not just a benefit for Paul Heyman. No this is a benefit for Roman Reigns. Because the power of Laughing 4 Larry production is already marketing Roman Reigns with (Insert Heyman Hustle Girls names here). Roman Reigns has the "it" factor, Roman has youth on his side, Roman has the family background, and now Roman Reigns has the GREATEST ADVOCATE in the world, Paul Heyman.

Lesnar eventually asks for his rematch on RAW and Reigns retains after the Usos help Roman take down the Beast.

So you have a reason for Heyman and Reigns to work together and you've kept up the mystique of Brock as he takes more brass knux shots to the head and body than anyone ever has prior and the next night it takes Reigns and the former WWE tag team champions to beat Brock

I like this idea.  It's pretty much my favourite fantasy booking on this board that hasn't been proposed by myself, or included Bunkhouse Buck.

So just add in Bunkhouse Buck to be Dean Ambrose hobo trainer to set up some 3 on 2 matches with Buck/Ambrose vs. Reigns/Usos for like Payback or something

Im pretty sure the only way to avoid a huge backlash on Reigns winning Sunday is the Shield reformation. First Rollins comes out looking like he is cashing in, the Ambrose comes out looking like he is going to stop him. Then the three of them put the boots to Lesnar, with Heyman running the show.

I think the most interesting thing they can do with a Reigns victory is have a Shield reformation, but keep Rollins heel, and have Reigns constantly be looking over his shoulder because he is afraid of the cash in. You could even get a good double turn out of it if you wanted. 

Why not just have Reigns win with Heyman's help, like Heyman hands Reigns brass knuckles, distracts the ref, Reigns nails a Superman Punch and then just ground and pounds Lesnar into near unconsciousness which allows him to hit the Spear and win?

Then on RAW Heyman explains that the 37 year old signed his final contract for less than what he made from this previous contract. With Brock making less money and having less opportunities to do anything other than wrestle, Brock is useless to Paul Heyman. So Paul did what was best for Paul Heyman. Become the new advocate for the Conquerer of the Beast, the Samoan Badass, and YOUR Undisputed REIGNing, WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns. And this is not just a benefit for Paul Heyman. No this is a benefit for Roman Reigns. Because the power of Laughing 4 Larry production is already marketing Roman Reigns with (Insert Heyman Hustle Girls names here). Roman Reigns has the "it" factor, Roman has youth on his side, Roman has the family background, and now Roman Reigns has the GREATEST ADVOCATE in the world, Paul Heyman.

Lesnar eventually asks for his rematch on RAW and Reigns retains after the Usos help Roman take down the Beast.

So you have a reason for Heyman and Reigns to work together and you've kept up the mystique of Brock as he takes more brass knux shots to the head and body than anyone ever has prior and the next night it takes Reigns and the former WWE tag team champions to beat Brock

If they do a double turn on Sunday, I think it's more likely that Heyman is turning face with Brock.  Roman doesn't need someone to do his talking for him, he needs to learn how to cut a fucking promo on his own. Brock needs Heyman more because at this point, it's too late to teach him how to cut promos, and he'll need someone to do his talking for him when he's off TV.

I don't think they resigned Lesnar for who knows how much money to take the belt off him. With Cena and Bryan elevating the secondary belts I think Brock will keep the belt long enough to pass Punk's reigns, and probably until next Mania.

Now if Rusev goes over Cena then Roman may have a shot. I can't see them putting the secondary belts on Cena and Bryan while Reigns holds the world title. That would put extra pressure on Roman imo.

Am I the only one that thinks reforming the Shield just to get Roman over is a terrible idea?

If Roman jobs at Mania he's going to have to be rebuilt. Ambrose is already at the point where he needs to be rebuilt, and unless Rollins wins his cash in he will need a little rebuilding as well. It could benefit all 3 if they keep the belt on Lesnar. Plus(and it's a big plus) you replace shitty Authority with Kane and Big Show main eventing tv shows with the MF'n Shield.

Am I the only one that thinks reforming the Shield just to get Roman over is a terrible idea?

That is a terrible idea. Reforming the Shield to get the title off of Brock on the other hand. The guy has been built as such a beast at this point one man taking him down just seems unrealistic. 

That is a terrible idea. Reforming the Shield to get the title off of Brock on the other hand. The guy has been built as such a beast at this point one man taking him down just seems unrealistic. 

I suppose a tank might pose a challenge, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

I like six man tag matches better than good, long-term booking.

WWE is much more likely to produce good six-man tag matches than they are to produce good booking.

Take what you can get, that's what I say. 

• Like 1

Brock feuding with The Shield would be fun. He lawn darts Rollins, has a garbage match with Ambrose, maybe tags with Cena against them. I mean, that's probably all his dates right there, but whatevs.

I honestly don't want to see a Shield reformation, but you actually make a good point. Brock has been built up as some god beast and the Shield before it was destroyed was built up as the strongest stable in WWE ever. It actually would make some sense. A group as strong as the Shield really is the only thing that would make sense other than Cena or Bryan somehow getting a pin  then dying during their celebration from their wounds.

• Like 2

I just think reforming the Shield now would be too early. Rollins deserves a chance to be a main eventer, and all you need to do to rebuild Ambrose is let him win a few important matches. If you put them back in the Shield now, it's a step back for both. It's like admitting you fucked on pushing three people instead of just one. Reigns doesn't need to be rebuilt because they never finished building him in the first place. They just need to chill the fuck out and let him develop a little more organically. Save the Shield reunion for down the road when people actually miss them.

Ambrose's stagnation goes beyond merely wins and losses. He's become a sanitized, caricature of his original babyface character that got so over so quickly. I don't know if he needs to turn heel in order to get some of the edge back but something needs to happen and soon. As much as they've fucked up Roman's push, Ambrose's decline the past 4-5 months has been nearly as colossal of a disaster. He looked like a million bucks heading into the Hell in a Cell but then they had him become a props joke guy and it was downhill from there. The one reprieve was the snow trek from Philly to Connecticut. 

I don't think it's that hard. They need to let him show more range than just being the garbage match guy. He's perfectly capable of having normal wrestling matches. Let him do more of that.

And honestly, he's pretty good at doing the "props joke guy" thing. The ice bucket bit with Rollins was hysterical. It shouldn't be an every week kind of thing, but I think letting Dean do the occasional Bugs Bunny inspired bit could be fun.

So if the Shield reform - how do you get around Rollins still holding the MITB briefcase?

Well since he's the "architech", he says it was a well calculated plan to ensure no one else could use the MITB briefcase to win the title. The only hiccup was they didn't count on Brock winning the title which pushed back all their plans. Honestly I wouldn't want to see The Shield reform only cause it would mean they would all have to admit they made a huge mistake splitting them up to begin with.Who needs that kind of smark I TOLD YOU SO.

I don't see any Shield reunion being long for the world, especially if Roman has the belt. Barring WWE doing something absurd where The Authority strip Rollins of his MITB forcing him to put the band back together, it would just lead to "Reigns doesn't trust Rollins, where does Ambrose stand?" for however long it takes them to actually pull the trigger on something happening. Then you'd probably end up cycling back to Rollins doing promos where he's the architect of the Shield and, God dammit, he outsmarted them all again, best for business, etc, etc.

• Like 1