DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

RolandTHTG, on 25 Mar 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

So if the Shield reform - how do you get around Rollins still holding the MITB briefcase?

You have him fail on the cash in before the reunion. Lesnar beating both Reigns and Rollins would be the reason they reform the group.

nofuture, on 25 Mar 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

So if the Shield got back together, they'd be faces, right?  Because I don't see the crowd booing them at all.

The fans already boo Reigns and Rollins you just have to have Ambrose attack Bryan to cement his turn. It's not like Ambrose is getting huge ovations after losing 15 straight ppv matches anyway.

So if the Shield got back together, they'd be faces, right?  Because I don't see the crowd booing them at all.

With HHH and Stephanie raising their hands.

And that being said, I don't know who walks out at WM as champ, but I'm pretty positive that whoever it is, does it with HHH and Stephanie raising their hand(s.)

WWE revolves around HHH and Steph. HHH jobs to Sting, and makes up for it in the main event. 

The only way Rollins helping Reigns win makes sense is if he cashes in on Reigns because he knows he can't beat Brock. If Rollins uses his cash in only to help Reigns win he becomes the biggest putz in WWE history. He broke the group up to win the belt. Having them both fail against Brock is the only way putting them back together makes sense.

• Like 1

I don't see a Shield reunion working right now. They're gonna have to do a ridiculous juggling act to keep Brock, Roman, and Rollins strong over the next few months as is, and the Shield reforming would only make that tougher with the latter two having to settle into some leader/follower dynamic. Plus Ambrose would be such a third wheel at this point. Rollins forming a "New Shield" with two different guys would be a better play if you wanna go that route, but even then only one of Brock or Roman can really chase down Rollins while the other gets left behind. I'll say this, for once, the writing team is actually in a pretty tough situation with no easy answers. I've been trying to come up with ways to keep all three guys strong through July (the expiration date on MITB) and I'm stumped.

I think a Shield reunion less than a year after the breakup is a dumb idea.

They need to wait AT LEAST until after Mania 32. Let a couple of guys switch from face to heel or heel to face, then when it's time somebody (like Rollins) gets the group back together.

The group was so over and dominant that there's no way the crowd treats them as heels. Let it be a moment. They could definitely get a big summer angle out of it happening.

I don't see any Shield reunion being long for the world, especially if Roman has the belt. Barring WWE doing something absurd where The Authority strip Rollins of his MITB forcing him to put the band back together, it would just lead to "Reigns doesn't trust Rollins, where does Ambrose stand?" for however long it takes them to actually pull the trigger on something happening. Then you'd probably end up cycling back to Rollins doing promos where he's the architect of the Shield and, God dammit, he outsmarted them all again, best for business, etc, etc.

If Russo books it, it's the first hour of RAW.

I don't see any Shield reunion being long for the world, especially if Roman has the belt. Barring WWE doing something absurd where The Authority strip Rollins of his MITB forcing him to put the band back together, it would just lead to "Reigns doesn't trust Rollins, where does Ambrose stand?" for however long it takes them to actually pull the trigger on something happening. Then you'd probably end up cycling back to Rollins doing promos where he's the architect of the Shield and, God dammit, he outsmarted them all again, best for business, etc, etc.

If Russo books it, it's the first hour segment of RAW.

Fixed.

I don't think WWE is going to deliberately make sure Lesnar holds the WWE title longer than Punk. It's not like Punk's reign was the longest ever, and bragging about this on TV will only make Punk look like a bigger star.

I'm out of the loop here.  Is there an actual report of a Shield reunion, or even a reputable rumor....or is this wild speculation?

Speculation as we all try and figure out what the hell they're gonna do with Reigns if he loses

• Like 1

Just go all nwo with the shield and throw some guys in to replace Rollins and Reigns like Ziggler and Truth and then just start slowly adding other guys that are serving life sentences in the mid card.

Just go all nwo with the shield and throw some guys in to replace Rollins and Reigns like Ziggler and Truth and then just start slowly adding other guys that are serving life sentences in the mid card.

Okay, I'll bite.  Zach Ryder and the Shield B-Team.  It could be like the Agents of SHIELD TV show.  

If the scrubs revive

as an entrance theme I'm all in.

• Like 1