DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 COLLEGE BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

I should say that I've seen this situation before (a team assessed a T for playing a player who wasn't in the scorebook before a game).. twice actually.

However those two games were JV High School games (and that was in a decade of doing scorebook and then scoreboard/announcing for Franklin High School)

Shame that Ohio State lost because from listening to the announcers Aaron Craft was the greatest student athlete in the history of college basketball.  Jesus did the kid fix their house or something <_<

I surprised they didn't do a "In Memoriam" video package for Craft.

Ah, the "grittiness" of the "smart" players who "play the right way."

I also love the Sophie's Choice March Madness is presenting itself right now. Harvard people essentially run the world but are now cast as spunk,y upstart underdogs (but got there by changing their academic standards and the like led by a coach who had two BCS jobs). They're taking on a school that prides itself on being a stepping stone for a lot of people looking to move onward and upwards in life who run one of the most blatantly corrupt athletic departments ever.

Who do I pick in this one?

Shame that Ohio State lost because from listening to the announcers Aaron Craft was the greatest student athlete in the history of college basketball.  Jesus did the kid fix their house or something <_<

I surprised they didn't do a "In Memoriam" video package for Craft.

Oh I am 100% certain I will get that on local TV.  I expect a monument of him on the OSU campus showing a guy diving into the stands.

Of course, the ball is going into the stands because he threw a bad pass but...HUSTLE~~!!!!  RESPECT~~!!!!

I want to think this epic assbeating that Pitt is handing out to Colorado means this is the year they finally make some noise but then I realize Colorado has like one good player who's currently hurt and that moderates my enthusiasm. WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

apparently nobody practices foul shots in NC State.  This game should have been over a long time ago

Wow and TJ Warren just proved why he is so good with the steal, bucket and foul. 

And of course he misses the foul shot to tie the game <_<

As the resident A-10 fan on here, I will tell you this Jordair Jett FACT! -- The guy has seemingly played college basketball for 14 years. St. Louis is the second most boring team in college basketball, right behind Wisconsin. However, they have one of the best collection of haircuts in recent memory.

St. Joe's was one semi-competent bench player away from going on a roll. I hate Phil Martelli (total scumbag) but was pulling them because I am so into A-10 Pride after Coach K's dumb dumb comments.

Can't believe UConn managed to win that game tonight. In my experience that's a tournament game they've usually tended to lose.

It was ugly but win and advance I guess. Good too see Shabazz get something going there.. I'm not confident about the next round but if it's Nova, let me just say that they are one of the most undeserving two seeds I've seen in a while.

TX-ASU was a really fun game between two teams that no one outside of their fan bases could possibly care about. I haven't watched a ton of college hoops this year but I still like to think I'm in the know. I really couldn't tell you before tonight if those teams were any good, let alone in the tournament.

Manhattan is giving Louisville FITS. Manhattan took my La Salle Explorers down in a Double OT thriller in the first game this season. I thought they were a really good team that would have done some damage in the A-10.