DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 COLLEGE BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

I think they'd like to, but how do you enforce that in practice?

I guess the only way would be to forfeit the game that was just won. Its not a great idea, but it might work. . . 

Hell to the no. Fine the school if you have to, but under no circumstances do you forfeit a win. That way lies disaster.

I didn't think it was good solution. Make the fine heavy enough and maybe throw in scholarships for multiple offenders. . .

I think they'd like to, but how do you enforce that in practice?

I guess the only way would be to forfeit the game that was just won. Its not a great idea, but it might work. . . 

Hell to the no. Fine the school if you have to, but under no circumstances do you forfeit a win. That way lies disaster.

I didn't think it was good solution. Make the fine heavy enough and maybe throw in scholarships for multiple offenders. . .

If forfeits aren't a good solution, then for the next best thing: Even if the buzzer's sounded and the game is over, if the crowd rushes the court, the home team gets a technical foul added (with time added to the clock for the foul shots given). It's not a "guaranteed" forfeit of the loss- but considering most "storm the court"-worthy games come from winning super-close games against top teams, then storming the court COULD conceivably cause the game to be turned around.

How about this? Your fans storm the court, you play the next home game behind closed doors with no one allowed into the arena except players, team personnel and media (TV, radio, press etc). You lose your home court advantage and pay through the nose via ticket refunds.

No, you just don't storm the court or field at all. Storm the court at a pro game, your ass gets arrested. No reason why that should not apply for college sports too. If teams can't stop storming the court/field, start playing empty stadium games, like Pete suggested.  

...and here's where the conversation takes a turn into athletic department budgets, the worth of running high level NCAA athletics, politics, and then Pete has to ban someone.  

Only guy likely to keep Wiggins from going #1: Teammate Joel Embiid, assuming the team with the top pick wants to go for a big man ahead of the best player available (that always works out well).

Wiggins is just ridiculous. Remember when people thought Parker was considerably better than Wiggins for a few weeks in November/December? That was fun.

Ha! Personally I'm anticipating the Timberwolves inevitable drafting of McDermott.

Michael Jordan is still running things in Charlotte and don't you forget it.

Adam Morrison didn't work out, but McDermott is SURELY the next Larry Bird.

William & Mary loses in the CAA Championship game still remains one of 5 Division I schools to never make the tournament

Army lost in the Patriot semis so they are also done. Same with St Francis (NY) who were out in the Northeast semis

The Citadel was 7-26 this year

So the lone school with a chance to make it this year - Northwestern. So I guess miracle Big Ten Tournament run here we come!