DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

I'd rather take the word of someone whose character might actually show up in a Deadwood continuation. Unless they gave him a third different part in the franchise...

And I wouldn't think a guy like Tarantino would count movies that he didn't direct as "his" films. He didn't shoot them, didn't edit them, wasn't generally in charge. The screenwriter typically has zero say over how the final movie actually comes out. (See QT's disgust at the finished product in Natural Born Killers for perspective on that.) Hell, From Dusk Til Dawn wasn't even his original idea, Robert Kurtzman came up with the story concept.

I'd rather take the word of someone whose character might actually show up in a Deadwood continuation. Unless they gave him a third different part in the franchise...

And I wouldn't think a guy like Tarantino would count movies that he didn't direct as "his" films. He didn't shoot them, didn't edit them, wasn't generally in charge. The screenwriter typically has zero say over how the final movie actually comes out. (See QT's disgust at the finished product in Natural Born Killers for perspective on that.) Hell, From Dusk Til Dawn wasn't even his original idea, Robert Kurtzman came up with the story concept.

Dillahunt is so awesome though, that you'd have to give him a third role and have him again grow out the beautiful beard he had on Justified.

Dillahunt is so awesome though, that you'd have to give him a third role and have him again grow out the beautiful beard he had on Justified.

This made me Google Dillahunt to see what he's up to (haven't seen the last two seasons of Justified), and I discovered that he's 50. What the actual hell?

Holy shit, if they wrap up Deadwood, me and HBO will be totally hang fucking dai.

I've been waiting nearly 10 years to find out just how handy with a knife that midget at the end was.

I would completely and utterly have Dillahunt play a 3rd character too. Maybe a female. Dude is that good.

I am being quite honest here. I think the only other time I have looked forward to a movie this bad was the Star Wars re-release.

I am going to cry if this is fucked up

As an aside - I can not recommend reading this book enough.

• Like 2

The fucking trailer nearly gets me misty eyed and the book is currently kicking my ass.  I am going to be a complete weeping mess when the credits roll.

Ditto. I loved that book and everything I've seen so far of the movie looks perfect.

Well, they're clearly proud of the cast, because the text at the end of the trailer goes:

Jessica Chastain

Kristen Wiig

Jeff Daniels

Michael Pena

Kate Mara

Sean Bean

Sebastian Stan

Donald Glover

and Chiwetel Ejiofor

Twentieth Century Fox presents

a Scott Free/ Kinberg Genre production

A Ridley Scott Film

Matt Damon

The Martian

Jessica Chastain

Kristen Wiig

Jeff Daniels

Michael Pena

Kate Mara

Sean Bean

Sebastian Stan

Donald Glover

and Chiwetel Ejiofor

Music by Harry Gregson Williams.

And it's actually on screen long enough for you to read one or two of the names. Usually they flash by in half a second and all you can see is that there was some text on the screen.

What's the over/ under on the Honest Trailer for this movie pretending it's called InterBetter?