DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Producers and Directors are arrogant egomaniacs who think they can prove their greatness by succeeding where someone else has previously failed?

Also, there's probably a feeling that the whole 'video games make a lot of money, so if we base a movie off of a popular game, everyone who likes the game will see it and we'll make a fortune' concept is bound to come good sooner or later. But most video game companies are protective of their licences, and Hitman is already either still licensed from the first film, or the owners just think the damage is already done, so why not let them try again?

Sinister 2 -  1 Fresh,  11 Rotten (8%)

Hitman: Agent 47  -  1 Fresh, 17 Rotten  (6%) 

Yikes.

Not really surprising.  Both movies are blatant cash grabs that deserve to tank.

The first Sinister movie was a flawed yet satisfying dark fable that really didn't need a sequel and the current fucking Hitman abomination has an Agent 47 that is more Terminator than he is the silent assassin of the video games.

Also, there's probably a feeling that the whole 'video games make a lot of money, so if we base a movie off of a popular game, everyone who likes the game will see it and we'll make a fortune' concept is bound to come good sooner or later.

Producers and Directors are arrogant egomaniacs

18j4xlu093h4wjpg.jpg

• Like 1

Sinister 2 -  1 Fresh,  11 Rotten (8%)

Hitman: Agent 47  -  1 Fresh, 17 Rotten  (6%) 

Yikes.

Not really surprising.  Both movies are blatant cash grabs that deserve to tank.

The first Sinister movie was a flawed yet satisfying dark fable that really didn't need a sequel and the current fucking Hitman abomination has an Agent 47 that is more Terminator than he is the silent assassin of the video games.

I read the article on Grantland today where the Sinister writer said that horror sequels usually get it wrong, but they were going to try and emulate one of the few franchises that got it right: Paranormal Activity. I knew at that point this movie was fucked beyond all hope. 

• Like 1

Aside from the really stupid jump scare at the end and forgivable plot holes, Sinister did get it right for the most part.  Why the sequel is trying to emulate PA is beyond me.

I'm not even kidding, Sinistar is one of the (somewhat) obscure video game titles I'd like to see someone re-attempt with modern bells and whistles. Shit could be amazing.

I'm honestly shocked that neither Sinistar nor Xevious has found life on Xbox Live Arcade.

Well now...

Deadline is reporting that Paramount has acquired the rights to Devil in the White City

Directed by Scorsese starring Leo

That would be fantastic. I read the book as part of a history course on American consumerism. That book was so fucking great and unnerving, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get an adaptation. It screams hard to fuck up but you never know.

Edit: holy shit, Trumbo. Beyond an an exciting cast, the actual story of a blacklisted writer is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. And that Kirk Douglas tho.

1404180803364670127.jpg

Here’s how Michael Fassbender will look in the Assassin’s Creed film, which is scheduled to be released in December 2016. He plays Callum Lynch, a dude who uses Abstergo tech to revisit his 15th-century Spanish ancestor, Aguilar, according to Yahoo. Presumably Fassbender will play both characters. They start filming next week.

Whatever Dolfan posted has now gone private on YouTube

It was a video where they got an "aged" Neil Degrasse Tyson to talk about the Mission to Mars that Damon and crew are embarking on