DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

When ScarJo starts singing Trust In Me, I am going to lose my shit.

BALOO WHISTLES THE LAST BAR OF BEAR NECESSITIES~!  FUCK YEAH~!

If this turns out to be super awesome, Disney owes me a Top Tier CGI version of the mother fucking Lion King.

As per usual - I am pretty sure I just watched the entire movie in that trailer

That being said - ALL FUCKING IN

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, WHY even show that shot of the tombstone?! Save that for the movie!

As per usual - I am pretty sure I just watched the entire movie in that trailer

That being said - ALL FUCKING IN

Saw Mike B Jordan in the red white and blue trunks...  nearly wept...

Rocky has become Mickey for a new generation...

all... fucking... in....

Latest dev hell rumor is that WB wants to turn Akira into a trilogy and have one lead director per film.

First up to bat.  Christopher Nolan.

That was the sound of me eating a grain of salt.

giphy.gif

Akira will never get made into a live action movie. I don't even know why they keep trying. 

Personally I hope it never does.   I have no faith that a Hollywood studio would ever do it justice.  WB should sell the license to Toho.

There's talk of a Mary Poppins, sequel. . . NO, NO, NO. . . 

You realize there's more than one Mary Poppins book, right?

Considering how much Travers FUCKING HATED the first movie, its probably taken this long for any family she might've had left to clear out so they could make the rest of them.

As for Jungle Book, if Bill Murray doesn't sing "Bear Necessities", and Christopher Walken doesn't sing "I Wanna Be Like You", I'm going to be very dissappointed.

And yeah, if this works as well as it looks, they need to Lion King that shit  up.

If this turns out to be super awesome, Disney owes me a Top Tier CGI version of the mother fucking Lion King.

Or Sword in the Stone. . . 

• Like 2

There's talk of a Mary Poppins, sequel. . . NO, NO, NO. . . 

You realize there's more than one Mary Poppins book, right?

I know, just my first impression is that of just another hollywood remake(even with new material). Then I remembered its Disney and they shit gold. . . . 

Latest dev hell rumor is that WB wants to turn Akira into a trilogy and have one lead director per film.

Wanting Christopher Nolan is one thing. Getting him is quite another.

I know just because he is who he is they probably would, but would Warner Bros. just give him a strong summer date just to do any movie? If it comes out in July 2017, we're going to hear about what it is before the calendar year is up. I think their pitch might be "do us a solid and we will allow you to do any Oscar bait movie you want going forward". 

He doesn't need their permission, he can go anywhere. Remember, WB had to buy in to produce Interstellar. 

Who said he needed permission? The thing is...all of his movies save for one have been with Warner Bros. You would assume since his next movie is with Warner Bros that he would like to continue his relationship with them. They are a ton of directors who can go anywhere, but they choose to stay with one studio/distributor (ex. Tarantino directing for the Weinsteins, Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox, etc).

• Like 1

A movie with Akira's tone is right up his alley with the gritty, bleak sci-fi feel.  I think he'd jump at the chance to direct one of those installments. 

The only thing that he might have issues with is the pseudo science.  I could see him having creative problems arming the Sol with a giant laser beam.

Or Sword in the Stone. . . 

Are they still sitting on the rights to the Prydain Chronicles? I wish they'd stop treating The Black Cauldron like an old shame...

• Like 1