DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

More movies I really want to see because they have almost all of my favorite actors in it! This was a Kyle Chandler short of a Royal Flush.

There's also some really interesting directing choices lately, between Adam McKay directing this and Jay Roach directing Trumbo.

Has anyone read Michael Lewis' books? Are they any good? Trailer looks awesome.

EDIT: I have no idea how to post links on mobile but check out the trailer for Kirsten Wiigs Nasty Baby , it looks intriguing for the most part but the last 30 seconds are just weird.

Has anyone read Michael Lewis' books? Are they any good? Trailer looks awesome.

Moneyball is fantastic. Highly recommended - and that's coming from somebody who read it years after its release, negating much of its "holy crap, that's some original statistical analysis stuff!" impact.
  • Like 1

Whaaaaaaaat?

Riddley Scott has gone full blown crazy. He just did an interview saying the connection to Alien wouldn't happen until a 3rd or 4th (yeah...4th...) Prometheus movie. And now it's being called Alien: Paradise Lost? The fuck?

Isn't that what people wanted? I loved it but a lot of people thought it was boring and needed more ALIEMZ.

Well, according to the interview I made reference to, you're still not going to get more aliens until the 3rd or 4th movie.

Whaaaaaaaat?

Riddley Scott has gone full blown crazy. He just did an interview saying the connection to Alien wouldn't happen until a 3rd or 4th (yeah...4th...) Prometheus movie. And now it's being called Alien: Paradise Lost? The fuck?

Y'all are all marks being worked.  RIDLEY SCOTT IS FUCKING WITH YOU~!

Ridley Scott has been pretty good in recent times. At least with everything I've seen. 

Black Hawk Down - loved it. The action sequences were very good and very scary.

Kingdom of Heaven  - Really enjoyed the director's cut of this one.

American Gangster - A little underwhelming but Denzel was great. Should have been better but still solid.

Prometheus -  Again. Should have been great but there's enough there to give it plenty of replay value. Beautiful looking film too.

Robin Hood I didn't bother with because I read that it was a more "realistic take" and I do not like the sound of a realistic Robin Hood. 

I refused to watch Exodus.

The Martian looks cool.

Robin Hood I didn't bother with because I read that it was a more "realistic take" and I do not like the sound of a realistic Robin Hood. 

It has already been done. It starred Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn. And Robert Shaw as the Sherrif of Nottingham. And it rules the world.