DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

I don't think WWE can get the fans boo Undertaker at this point. I think he's built up a nearly unheard of level of respect from the fans that would make turning him heel impossible.

Naw, just put him on TV each week & have him wrestle & go over younger stars in crappy matches & the fans will sour on him REAL fast. Like Kane & The Big Show.

When Reigns wins the title, who does he face at Extreme Rules? Seems like there are few credible heels left. Do they really run a Reigns-Big Show or Kane match at ER? Or trot out the Rollins match early?

I think if Reigns remains a babyface, they could have opportunities to feud him with Rollins, Rusev & Wyatt. Depending on whom WWE puts over on Wrestlemania. I could see Ambrose turning on him too. It's probably easier to just make Reigns the heel though.

Why are we wasting our breath talking about possible scenarios for the 'Mania main event when we all know it's going to end with Reigns winning, and then fade to black? They're not going to have a heel cash in and close out the biggest show of the year. I would bet money on that, actually. It's just not going to happen. Reigns will get his moment in the sun, and it will fade pretty quickly thereafter.

I don't think WWE can get the fans boo Undertaker at this point. I think he's built up a nearly unheard of level of respect from the fans that would make turning him heel impossible.

I actually think this underestimates Undertaker. He's shown the ability to get heel heat in the past.

Am I the only one who wants to see Left Shark brought in as a celebrity and face the bunny?

That pop culture reference is far too current for WWE.a they'd bring in the Energizer Bunny or The Noid.

I doubt Rollins cashes in. June is supposed to be the Elimination Chamber right? Probably do it then. Wrestlemania 2000 ended with a heel winning and that sucked. Wrestlemania X-7 had that poorly done heel turn to close it out. Wrestlemania 27 had an awful inconclusive finish. No way they do anything to detract from Reigns's big win.

• Like 1

Okay, easy now... Whatever it is that you took, the effects should pass in a few hours. Just try to remain calm and take deep breaths.

Cena is the best big match wrestler of all time.

Rollins will be one of the most over guys on the show in front of that crowd, so they could get away with a cash in. I don't think they will though. They might get nervous and have Sting/HHH go on last.

Am I the only one who wants to see Left Shark brought in as a celebrity and face the bunny?

That pop culture reference is far too current for WWE.a they'd bring in the Energizer Bunny or The Noid.

Since WM is in San Francisco, bring in Primus to play in the Putterman costumes from the mid 90s Duracell commercials.

I think Lesnar/Reigns HAS to go on last. Even though the build is pretty much nonexistent, It's still the match with the most intrigue.  I think we're getting a Reigns win over Lesnar. I don't know how they get there. A spear finish would be pretty weak but... we'll see

The Rollins cash-in angle if they save for the summer is actually easy. Rollins keeps his briefcase till the 2015 MITB PPV, Ambrose wins the 2015 case, Rollins cashes in Reigns and wins the belt, and Ambrose cashes in on Rollins right after. Then you can finally get the Shield triple threat as the big summer angle/Summerslam match.

As for Mania, WWE probably think they have a fool-proof way of ending the show. Reigns as WWE Champ, Bryan as IC champ and Cena as US Champ all celebrating with Reigns and "passing the torch". And if the crowd still boo, they can blame it on "Bryan in the ring when he's not on the same level as the other two stars".

• Like 1

I live within a 4-5 hour drive of Santa Clara, so I was considering getting a ticket and going. I'd still have found fun stuff to do at the other shows, but honestly, I'm not regretting not buying a ticket one bit.

I bet if Batista had a match you'd be there. I'm not excited now but on the day of the show I'll be excited..  it's still Mania and I'll have people over, good food.. it's more about that than the card.

So, out of curiosity, how many of the esteemed group gathered here are genuinely excited for Mania this year?

Its so-so for me. I was actually pretty excited during the Daniel/Roman feud, but the way things have been built for Roman/Lesnar haven't really done much for me. I still like a lot of it. I would just be a lot more excited if Roman and Brock were actually face to face.

I'm enjoying the stuff with the IC Title, but it doesn't exactly excite me. The women's feud does little for me as I don't like AJ and would rather see Nikki working a singles match. Not interested in Sting/HHH. Like the idea of Bray/Taker, but the lack of the streak and Taker appearances kills a lot of my interest. I would probably be more excited if it wasn't a Wrestlemania feud as the idea behind it is pretty solid.

I'm not super excited for Mania. I will watch it (just as I watch all WWE PPVs), but there isn't one match I am looking forward to in a 'Oh shit! This is going to be good!'. I am more interested in the reactions some of the superstars get, how soon the heat will die for the Taker/Wyatt match and if Taker will get hurt or not. I think Rusev/Cena will be good but I've seen the match and enough interaction with them that I don't expect anything new or different, just the same Cena angle they've been running for years. Tons of laying around spots during the DON'T CALL IT MITB IC LADDER MATCH as well as tons of guys/gals who shouldn't be on the card.