DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Thank you, DVDVR Christian Laettner for this great reply! *chest stomps Oyaji*

But seriously--has anyone ever done a chest stomp as a finisher?  Because I would like that.

Kevin Sullivan used a double stomp to the chest as a finish in WCW.

Come on, Cena had his chance, Undertaker had his chance. Daniel Bryan? You're joking right?

You all know there's only one person who can beat Lesnar and who still has a score to settle.

tumblr_mdn1j8XpbU1rk5wnbo1_400.gif

Was hoping this would be Mr. America. Now I am disappoint.

Come on, Cena had his chance, Undertaker had his chance. Daniel Bryan? You're joking right?

You all know there's only one person who can beat Lesnar and who still has a score to settle.

tumblr_mdn1j8XpbU1rk5wnbo1_400.gif

HE'S BEEN SAVING HIS BODY FOR THIS ONE MOMENT!

Wait...

asew7.gif

Nope.

There are certain traits necessary to stop a monster like Brock Lesnar.

A tendency to not give up in the face of extreme adversary, a complete respect for the business, a shocking ability to come out on top despite the odds being massively against him, staying loyal to the business, and always, always going all out with a degree of hustle most men just can't manage.

Where could we find such a man though?

sting_wwe_render_by_dfreedom30-d88tk8m.p

• Like 2

With all this talk about Lesnar, Reigns and Bryan, I think we've all been ignoring the other matches on the card way too much.

I think we should all be talking a lot more about Undertaker vs. Wyatt, because this match even happening is a huge mistake in my opinion.

I think they have put themselves in a lose-lose situation with this match.

If Bray Wyatt wins, they have now completely destroyed the Undertaker's legacy and diminished Brock Lesnar's achievement in the process.

If the Undertaker wins, what was the whole point of that?

I think the only way to salvage this is, if Undertaker was willing to do a rematch on the next PPV. This way Undertaker could win at Mania and Wyatt could win the rematch.

Thoughts?

I agree that Wyatt/Taker is a lose/lose situation. Nobody will come out of that match looking better no matter who wins, and I'm not convinced it will even be that great of a match to begin with. And, as has been said already, the one entertaining thing that the match could provide is the spectacle of their entrances but that is taken away because it will take place before the sun has set on the West Coast.

Should've been Sting/UT from the get go. A big complaint about this year's Mania is the reliance on part time guys who aren't on TV to build up the match, will only appear at Mania, and then be gone again. Putting Sting and UT in the same match is a fantasy match which would sell itself based on limited participation between the two guys (build could all be in video packages). Who wins and who loses that match really doesn't matter because they are part timers and won't be around the next night on RAW and the next time we do see either one, it won't really matter if they won or lost because it will still be a special attraction just to see them in the ring again.

What does Wyatt do after this if he loses? Or what does he do if he wins? How does he come out looking better no matter the outcome? He beats Taker, he beat the guy who Brock already broke down last year and who we haven't seen since. He loses, he lost to the guy who Brock broke down last year and who we haven't seen since.

I think it is just WWE's theory that it's better for younger guys to be in the same ring as a name, even if they lose. People will remember Bray facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania, they might not care if he lost.

I think it's stupid but what do I know. Sting-Undertaker would have saved a lot of grief. Cena-HHH, Reigns-Rusev, Brock-Bryan, and Ambrose-Rollins would have spared them a lot of the trouble they have had.

As everyone's said, winning doesn't do much for Bray. He's already been exposed by working and talking too much anyway, and he's been aimless for most of the last year. I've warmed to the idea of Taker being called out and doing the old gunslinger thing, streak or no streak. Hopefully we'll get a decent match this year and something special for the expected retirement match at 32.

The best way to do a Sting/Taker match is to give each man 10 minutes to put on the most incredible entrances ever.  Then, as they make their way to their ring. . .

They shake hands. . .

Declare each other the best for the entities they represent. . .

Then have Sting ascend to the rafters, while Taker descends underneath the ring.

No match.  Just an introduction and farewell.

END SCENE

• Like 4