DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

They're supposedly considering another battle royale, but they don't know if it'll be the Andre the Giant Memorial or not.

and Bryan/Ziggler is being targeted for 'Mania, and both of them apparently want it (if you believe their Twitter accounts). Bryan is asking people to use the hashtag DBvsDZ to let WWE know they want to see it happen. WWE's account has already tweeted about it.

The two of them could have a showstealer of a match, but I'm wondering what type of angle they would need to run to have two of the company's top faces square off against eachother?  A "two guys mutually respect eachother but want to see who's better" deal just seems kinda there and not have the storytelling behind it that a big ticket mania match should.

I thought they would go with Seth Vs. Bryan to throw you guys a bone, but I guess Ziggler Vs. Bryan would work on that front too.  I think Seth/Bryan would be the better storyline. If Seth was available, it would give Cena another option for Mania.

The most obvious way to set it up would've been HHH forcing them to go against one another to keep them both out of his hair, but that wouldn't really work with them campaigning for it on Twitter.

Nah. People are blowing it out of proportion. Sting could still move. Is he capable of going 20 minutes? Probably not but I would expect Hunter to get something passable out of it. Put it this way. I'd have more confidence in Sting this year than Undertaker.

Yeah if Sting's in a bit better shape than he was in the end of his TNA run, he and Hunter oughta be able to have a fun 10 to 12 minute brawl. I think the worst thing about Sting's TNA run was towards the end he clearly did not give anything even remotely resembling a shit.

The thing about that is, if you give HHH an opponent who can do 12 good minutes, he'll make sure the match goes at least 25 minutes. Because he's that damn good (at having pointlessly long matches that lose the audience).

• Like 1

It's strange that Dolph Ziggler is a year older than Daniel Bryan. Ziggler has this eternal stench of being the "young up and comer" on him while this potential match kind of feels like a step down for an "established vet" like Bryan.

We call that AJ Stylesitis.

They could try and remake the Neville/Zayn mutual respect angle feud with them.  

• Like 1

Have Daniel Bryan bring up his stripping of the title, he deserves a rematch, get added to Reigns/Lesnar. Or get him a match with Rollins at Fast Lane that steals the show for the MITB case. Cash in at Wrestlemania. Or could do that match the same night as well. Can repeat Yoko/Bret/Hogan. After Reigns loses in a competitive match, Bryan comes out, shakes Roman's hand and goes on to beat Lesnar. 

If the crowd really gets into it for the next few weeks, I could see that happening.

Sting's in great shape for a guy his age.  He can punch and kick and he still moves really well.  He's probably more mobile than Triple H.  TNA just had him go too long and too often and always made him do some goofy finish involving the Scorpion Death Lock but it looked like his hips are shot so he couldn't sit down on it and it looked awful.

A Twitter angle might be the lamest way short of a Japanese shampoo commercial to make a WrestleMania match.  If Ziggler had any sense he'd try to get in on that Sting/HHH action instead.

Sting/Ziggler/The Ryback/Rowan vs. Trips/Show/Kane/Harper.  You get those six guys on the show and can cover up Sting and Triple H's weaknesses.

Or Sting/Orton vs. Trips/Rollins but only if it's Joker Sting and wacky babyface 'touching dem toes, dawg' Randy Orton.

Turn Bryan heel.  He's peaked as a babyface.  His promos are already whiny and condescending so you just have him whine about getting screwed and then Ambrose tells him that he got eliminated fairly and that he should quit whining.  Ambrose is Teflon enough to overcome any fan backlash.

Cena peaked as a babyface 8 years ago, and they haven't turned him. I wouldn't put it past Vince to try and turn Bryan. That could be why he's working Ziggler to get someone the fans may get behind if Bryan starts acting heelish. This will blow up in their face of course, but it would be fun to watch.

I'd be ok with a Bryan heel turn if Zayn gets called up and put in Bryan's old spot. Though for the record I think it's madness to consider it but VKM so who knows.

Which 20-minute Hunter WM matches lost the audience?  Sure, him and Orton was poorly booked and shouldn't have gone on after HBK/Taker but he has a pretty good resume beyond that.

Triple Threat with HBK and Vacant. Series with Undertaker.  Oh yeah the Brock match. Never mind. He's been a little spotty. lol