DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

There's a good chance Philly would have still shit all over Reigns if Bryan wasn't even there.

I don't think it would've been that bad though. Because I don't think that group of people was really invested in Ziggler or Ambrose as much. With Bryan out of the match, you don't need to fly Rock in, you don't need the run-in from Show/Kane. I think you get some cheers and some boos but not as bad as it was

He didn't need to this year.  Last year, yes.  This year, no.  They could've run with Reigns if they wanted to, if they booked the layout of the fucking Rumble better and not kill the fans at every chance

Seriously. Your fans are telling you EXACTLY what they want. Instead of expending so much time and effort to try to do something you know they don't want, why not take the easy road for once and, you know, just give them what they want?

I will believe this stuff when I see it. I have no problems with Dave at all and he's really the only source that I do trust but it was only a couple weeks ago where he stated that Vince is not changing any plans. It sounds like Vince had no idea what he wants to do and things could change the morning of the PPV or even tonight.

He didn't need to this year.  Last year, yes.  This year, no.  They could've run with Reigns if they wanted to, if they booked the layout of the fucking Rumble better and not kill the fans at every chance

I think he did. At the very least, if he wins last year, there's no need to go through this shit this year. So now, since that didn't happen, the money making, easy to digest story is right there. Bryan left without losing the title by pinfall or submission and was subsequently denied of having rematch. Since the Authority was too busy with their face of the WWE bullshit, he'll take a route to guarantee him a shot at the title and win the Royal Rumble. Bryan wins the Royal Rumble and then for two months you roll with the ultimate David vs Goliath storyline.

Because Daniel Bryan doesn't fit into WWE's 2020 picture. Vince looks at Daniel Bryan and sees someone who will be 39/40 in 2020. He sees the neck injury and the in-ring style and doesn't think he'll be around as a wrestler for the next 5 years.

The problem for WWE was they tried to turn Roman Reigns into 1995 Babyface Diesel WITHOUT the title first. If Reigns continues talking less and beating people up he's fine. He's not going to out promo Rollins or Hunter but he can punch them in the mouth.

BTW this is how corporate we are as a society. If we don't like something we boo and start hashtags. 15 years ago fuckers were throwing shit in the ring and trying to fight the wrestlers they didn't like. There was no garbage thrown at Reigns nor did anyone attempt to hop the guardrail and fight him. Vince is right you Millennials are pussies :D

lolololol at whatever 2020 picture WWE has. They can't even figure shit out 2 months in advance and last year brought back a 40+ year old wrestler to win the Royal Rumble. Vince has no fucking clue where things will be in 2020.

• Like 3

BTW easy booking to keep what WWE wants and what the fans want. Do a death spot in the Triple Threat match...like a weird AA/Curb Stomp through the table spot. As Cena gets in the ring, Rollins levels him with the MITB briefcase, DQ, Curb Stomp, cashes in, Curb Stomp, pin. Rollins is WWE Champion

Daniel Bryan eliminates Roman Reigns. Bryan/Rollins is the main event.

Reigns/Cena at Fast Lane winner takes on Brock Lesnar. Reigns wins. Reigns/Lesnar as the semi-main.

lolololol at whatever 2020 picture WWE has. They can't even figure shit out 2 months in advance and last year brought back a 40+ year old wrestler to win the Royal Rumble. Vince has no fucking clue where things will be in 2020.

I'm pretty sure WWE's long term plan on the day of Mania 30 was Lesnar over Taker, Lesnar over Bryan, Reigns wins Rumble, Reigns over Lesnar. That seems to be where they were headed

I love you say "long term plan" in the same sentence as an event that was apparently decided on the day of.

I don't think there was a set long term plan in the lead up to Mania 30. But the long term plan has to begin somewhere. So why wouldn't the plan for WM31 begin at WM30. It's not like Lesnar beating Taker was the middle step or even the last step. It was the first step.7

Bryan was almost scratched from last year's Royal Rumble event due to concussion so they had a good reason not to pull the trigger on him.

They should have had Reigns do the El Torito elimination on Bryan this year.  No controversy at all then.

The setup for this Fast Lane match is ridiculous because they really don't seem to know what controversy means.  It's worse than their understanding of anniversaries.  Bryan comes back, announces he's entering the Rumble, and then he loses the Rumble fair and square.  People booing isn't controversy.  The people aren't going to riot.  They aren't even going to tune out.  Catering to them is pointless because those same people boo John Cena relentlessly but Cena's still the top draw in the entire industry.

If they do "Dust Brothers Explode" then I want Stardust to disown his family and get adopted by Akeem.  Then he can wear a dashiki and do the Akeem dance.  He can't do black face though cause that'd cut into the Bellas' gimmick with Paige.

That's another reason to turn Bryan heel is his wife being one of the worst human beings on the show.

Now I know what you're thinking; John Cena's with the other awful sister.  True, but Cena refuses to marry her as is and when he's with her he's trying to change her heelish ways by teaching her things like separating the dirty laundry and adding to her lexicon with big words like 'cohabitation agreement'.

• Like 1

So glad wrestling is the only live show in which people actually pay to be miserable fucks. That or there must be some strong ass glue that keeps people in their seats at the show.

Wonder if these same people would go to a game featuring their shitty football team just to look like jack asses. If they are Jets fans the answer is yes tbh.

• Like 1