DVDVR Message Board

NOV '14 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Mark looks like he's been hit by a devolution beam.

Wouldn't it be something if Mark Briscoe were an Ivy League graduate and MENSA member, but liked to look like a caveman just to fuck with people?

That was simliar to my old joke about Necro Butcher, that he was sitting on a dot-com and worth millions.

Jay Briscoe could fit in WWE, he has a nice look. Mark... looks like an extra from a Planet of the Apes movie. I forgot which one is a homophobic piece of shit, though. Maybe both?

We did this once before on this board (maybe with you, I don't remember), but Mark Briscoe doesn't have a Twitter and has, to my knowledge, never commented at all on that stuff.

So glad the Hardcore TV's were updated...

image.jpg

Quite possibly, the absolute sleaziest that Jimmy Del Ray has ever looked.

I'm not sure if Beulah is just unimpressed with Jimmy Del Ray or if she's trying to signal for help with her eyes.

She looks more like she is signally for the cops to come get that fucker on an episode of To Catch a Predator. My lord, someone put that guy on every sex offender list imaginable then make up at least 100 more and add him to those too.

• Like 1

So glad the Hardcore TV's were updated...

image.jpg

Quite possibly, the absolute sleaziest that Jimmy Del Ray has ever looked.

I'm not sure if Beulah is just unimpressed with Jimmy Del Ray or if she's trying to signal for help with her eyes.

Probably both. . . 

Those would make for good covers to a 7" split single. I know I said that a while back with a photo of Percy Pringle at his funeral occupation (I think?). So many of those old pics would make great punk/hardcore single covers. There's one that I wish I had saved of a guillotine, primatively photoshopped into this old timey wrestler's grimacing face, that I always thought was totally boss and would steal in a heartbeat for artwork.

Found it...

image.jpg

• Like 2

From the "Old Wrestling Pics" twitter page:

B2HQREWIUAAxiO9.jpg

Greatest survivor series team ever   :)

Who were the poor souls schedules for execution that evening?

Just to double back on this photo

This was the very first All Japan tour that Dory Funk Sr. Booked - so these were all the guys on the tour

And before anyone asks

Fred Blasse, Jerry Kozak, Dutch Savage, Dominic Denucce, Terry Funk and Bruno Sammartino 

He's actually less sophisticated looking than an extra from Planet of the Apes

0.jpgtumblr_n5u4hh2FCV1s0zdtdo2_400.png

Dr. Zira doesn't look particularly happy about being compared to Mark.  Poor Mark.  Not even intelligent apes want to admit he's one of theirs.

Honestly, what the hell is going on with Mark? I hope we eventually find out Jay Briscoe is actuaslly a brilliant geneticist who is secretly conducting unethical human trials on his unsuspecting brother.

Otherwise, what the hell?

Those would make for good covers to a 7" split single. I know I said that a while back with a photo of Percy Pringle at his funeral occupation (I think?). So many of those old pics would make great punk/hardcore single covers. There's one that I wish I had saved of a guillotine, primatively photoshopped into this old timey wrestler's grimacing face, that I always thought was totally boss and would steal in a heartbeat for artwork.

Found it...

image.jpg

Hey, it's Guillotine Gordon! This pic accompanied an article in Wrestling Revue circa 1966 that really made me want to see this guy. Then he turned up and was not very good at all. His finisher, the Guillotine (naturally) was just a chop to the back of the opponent's neck. Not sure what I expected, but that was pretty anticlimactic.