DVDVR Message Board

NOV '14 WRESTLING PHOTOS

I don't remember Dino Bravo being lower midcard though. I'm no Dino Bravo fan and I certainly didn't pay too much attention to him but it felt like he was always around Hogan. I'm probably wrong. But it felt like it.

He was pretty low on the card on his way out. He lost to Kerry Von Erich at WM7, then was taken off tv. This is from Bravo's Wikipedia page.

Following a WrestleMania VII loss to Kerry Von Erich, he disappeared from WWF TV for several months before having a short run on Montreal house shows as a face, against The Mountie and The Barbarian. Bresciano left the WWF and retired from wrestling following a European tour in April 1992. In his final match, televised on Sky Movies, he and Colonel Mustafa lost to The Legion of Doom in Sheffield, England. After retiring, he helped train wrestlers in Montreal.

I don't remember Dino Bravo being lower midcard though. I'm no Dino Bravo fan and I certainly didn't pay too much attention to him but it felt like he was always around Hogan. I'm probably wrong. But it felt like it.

He was pretty low on the card on his way out. He lost to Kerry Von Erich at WM7, then was taken off tv. This is from Bravo's Wikipedia page.

Following a WrestleMania VII loss to Kerry Von Erich, he disappeared from WWF TV for several months before having a short run on Montreal house shows as a face, against The Mountie and The Barbarian. Bresciano left the WWF and retired from wrestling following a European tour in April 1992. In his final match, televised on Sky Movies, he and Colonel Mustafa lost to The Legion of Doom in Sheffield, England. After retiring, he helped train wrestlers in Montreal.

I remember him turning up randomly on PTW in early '92 (with dark hair again) and having an awful match with Bret.

I remember him turning up randomly on PTW in early '92 (with dark hair again) and having an awful match with Bret.

If Bret couldn't drag a decent match out of him, then Bravo really must have had nothing left. I'm oddly intrigued and a little scared of the thought of a Dino Bravo/Iron Sheik tag team in 1992. For the fans sake, I hope their match against LOD was a squash like LOD's match vs. Power & Glory at WM7.

If Bret couldn't drag a decent match out of him, then Bravo really must have had nothing left. I'm oddly intrigued and a little scared of the thought of a Dino Bravo/Iron Sheik tag team in 1992. For the fans sake, I hope their match against LOD was a squash like LOD's match vs. Power & Glory at WM7.

According to Cagematch, it went 42 minutes and was 2/3 falls.

that Dino/Kerry Mania match is legitimately the worst match I've ever seen between 2 actual wrestlers in WM history.

I think my favorite Martel match in WWF might actually be the MSG match with Kerry. Martel did a great job dealing with Kerry, who was clearly fucked out of his mind on something to the point where Gorilla and Heenan were making jokes about it on commentary. I remember Kerry hit Martel with a back drop and Monsoon said something like "he was nearly 50,000 feet high on that one" and Heenan quipped "that makes two of them". I really can't imagine how anger inducing and horrible it would be to have to work with and trust someone in that state. Martel was a true professional in that match.

So for the vast majority of his run, Bravo was getting IC title shots, winning PPV matches, feuding along with Earthquake against Hogan, and on the way out jobbed to Von Erich at Mania. In other words, a solid midcarder.

• Like 1

that Dino/Kerry Mania match is legitimately the worst match I've ever seen between 2 actual wrestlers in WM history.

I think my favorite Martel match in WWF might actually be the MSG match with Kerry. Martel did a great job dealing with Kerry, who was clearly fucked out of his mind on something to the point where Gorilla and Heenan were making jokes about it on commentary. I remember Kerry hit Martel with a back drop and Monsoon said something like "he was nearly 50,000 feet high on that one" and Heenan quipped "that makes two of them". I really can't imagine how anger inducing and horrible it would be to have to work with and trust someone in that state. Martel was a true professional in that match.

There's a really good Martel/Savage match from a WWF Superstars episode (that I at least remember seeing on Superstars) from 93 or early 94. This video as crappy as it is has it on Wrestlefest 94.

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x9qc8i?syndication=112544&related=0

I still love Martel's last run in WCW as many of us here do. It's a shame he got injured. He could have easily moved up from Television to United States Championship contention.

• Like 1

The great thing about WCW having three separate singles titles is that they always felt like a natural progression from one to the next, with the TV Title even occasionally being more important than the US Title - like when Luger was champion as a main eventer.

• Like 1

Andre_Battle_Royal.jpg

Sans Andre, I don't know who any of these men are, but I hope the look on the one with the black hair with his back showing to camera had a look on his face like he knew he was about to die as Andrea smooshed all them motherfuckers out of the ring.

The two in the very front with red leggings/black stripes are The Great Goliath and Black Gordman. And they're from NEW Mexico, not Mexico.